+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transferring from UK office to the Canada Office...

ababs

Oct 30, 2008
Hi There,

I'd like some advice with regards to how the work visa would work under this such scenario.

The company I work for in the UK has a Calgary office. I've been informed that I can apply to move from the UK office to the Canada office within my current role which is excellent.

What I'm not sure about is what the rules of temporary work visa say around this. Is this still classified as a job offer?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Babs

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ababs said:
Hi There,

I'd like some advice with regards to how the work visa would work under this such scenario.

The company I work for in the UK has a Calgary office. I've been informed that I can apply to move from the UK office to the Canada office within my current role which is excellent.

What I'm not sure about is what the rules of temporary work visa say around this. Is this still classified as a job offer?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Babs
1. The job offer must meet the following to be HRSDC exempt from certification:

"General requirements
Intra-company transferees may apply for work permits under the general provision if they:
• are seeking entry to work in a parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate of a multi-national
company;
• will be undertaking employment at a permanent and continuing establishment of that
company;
are taking a position in a Executive, Senior Managerial, or Specialized Knowledge capacity;
• have been employed by the company outside Canada in a similar full-time position (not
accumulated part-time) for one year in the previous three years prior to coming to Canada;
• are coming to Canada for a temporary period only;
• comply with all immigration requirements for temporary entry.

Start reading http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01e.pdf page 44 to see if your present position qualifies.

PMM

ababs

Oct 30, 2008
PMM

Many thanks for your response and im am very greatful. I've been employed by my company as a consultant (fulltime) for over 3 years and looking at the criteria list I believe that I do meet many of the criteria.

Thank you very much for youe feedback.

- ababs