+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To write IELTS or Not that is the questions...

Jbong

Nov 12, 2010
They may not trust their students who came from overseas or from Quebec to speak English well....just a thought. Anyway, I think they suggest everyone to do IELTS now.
[/quote

Ok, if they may not trust their students who came from overseas or Quebec to speak English well....how about students who graduate from their own country???-in Canada!!! I have British Columbia Highschool Diploma and went to college in Vancouver and follow by Canada university.

Do you think they still want me to write IELTS??? I think the purpose of IELTS is to prove that immigrants are competence in English but if they want me to write is like they don't even trust their own Canadian education instituitions to produce students who are proficient in English-that would be a shame!!!

An Canadian Immigration Consultatant once told me that I do not need to write IELTS but just submit my Canada education instituitions transcript as proof of language proficiency......
Anyone out there who know or heard of someone successfully get PR without writing IELTS after June 28?
And even without the English language proficiency scores, my score would still be more than 67....so it won't affect my eligibility to apply, perhaps...
what do you guys say?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jbong said:
They may not trust their students who came from overseas or from Quebec to speak English well....just a thought. Anyway, I think they suggest everyone to do IELTS now.
[/quote

Ok, if they may not trust their students who came from overseas or Quebec to speak English well....how about students who graduate from their own country???-in Canada!!! I have British Columbia Highschool Diploma and went to college in Vancouver and follow by Canada university.

Do you think they still want me to write IELTS??? I think the purpose of IELTS is to prove that immigrants are competence in English but if they want me to write is like they don't even trust their own Canadian education instituitions to produce students who are proficient in English-that would be a shame!!!

An Canadian Immigration Consultatant once told me that I do not need to write IELTS but just submit my Canada education instituitions transcript as proof of language proficiency......
Anyone out there who know or heard of someone successfully get PR without writing IELTS after June 28?
And even without the English language proficiency scores, my score would still be more than 67....so it won't affect my eligibility to apply, perhaps...
what do you guys say?
Nope, you either follow the instructions or you don't. If you are refused for no IELTs then don't come back and complain.