+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TO: PMM

july

Mar 4, 2008
PMM,

I already had a job offer as cashier. You said 6 months, I had this questions which confuse me:
a. Does it really take that long for the release of LMO?
b. Are they(agency) going to send me the LMO?
c. Am I the one who's going to apply for a work permit here in my country ? or the agency which is base in alberta?
d. How long is the processing time for a work permit?
e. How am I going to know if the job that had been offered to me belong to 'under pressure'?
I really need your answers...
Thank's and God bless you...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

july said:
PMM,

I already had a job offer as cashier. You said 6 months, I had this questions which confuse me:
a. Does it really take that long for the release of LMO?

Yes if the job is one not under pressure in that province (Alberta)
b. Are they(agency) going to send me the LMO?
It actually should be the employer, but if they are going through an agency, it still will be employer specific, you can't work for the agency, only the named employer.
c. Am I the one who's going to apply for a work permit here in my country ? or the agency which is base in alberta?

You have to apply for the work permit in your country of residence.
d. How long is the processing time for a work permit?
It depends on the office in the country where your reside see: http://tinyurl.com/32qndk for average processing times and then check the web site of the office where you will be applying. Dont forget you may require a medical as well.
e. How am I going to know if the job that had been offered to me belong to 'under pressure'?
You will have to go through the provincial Immigration web site for Alberta/BC/Ontario to determine which occupations are designated
I really need your answers...
Thank's and God bless you...
PMM