+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To All Senior Members

mars80

May 3, 2008
I am from Thailand and very happy to know this site. This will help solve my concern. Here is my story

Middle of year 2005 I intended to apply to Canada as student for 1-year. Since I heard that its very difficult to obtain a temporary visa as student for Canada, I hired a consultant to help me in my application. At that time of application, I was working in 2 jobs, one part time as administrator of my family's properties and one full time as accounting clerk in a small firm. In my first application, my consultant said that I don't have to input in the "Additional Form" that I had that 2 jobs, because these 2 does not directly relate to my study, so I follor her advise. My first application was refused because "I have not been able to satisfy the officer that I will return to Thailand after my study". So, I made another second application and this time, as what my consultant advised me, I declared that I am working as administrator of these family's properties with mentioned salary from a certain time up to the present or second application. But this time, my application was refused again on the same ground like my first refusal plus, they said that I don't have enough money for my studies in Canada. I consulted this to my consultant and she was helpless so I didn't attempt any more to file a new application.

My concern is that, now I want to file a Working Visa with the Canadian Embassy here in Thailand, and this time, applying alone, I want to declare everything, especially those that were not disclosed in previous applications (being accounting clerk and caretaker for certain period). I started to worry when I read in the forms "Protected when completed", and "The informations collected herein are protected and accesible under Privacy Act and Access to Information Act". Here are my questions and I hope the senior members or anyone can help me.

1. With this application disclosing everything and alone without consultant, should I be very concerned that they are going to scrutinize all my previous records/details in the forms and match them to my details in this new application?

2. I know that there is a reference number for each application made, do you think they keep computer records of all informations/details (such as work in the last 5 years) contained for each application? or do you think that for each file number, they just or only keep the reasons of refusal?

3. Are new informations submitted in the application should be the one to be considered, and without giving importance to old informations/details? I guess I am saying here, if new informations are matched against old informations, or new informations are evaluated alone and independent of old informations?

Please help me.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mars80 said:
I am from Thailand and very happy to know this site. This will help solve my concern. Here is my story

Middle of year 2005 I intended to apply to Canada as student for 1-year. Since I heard that its very difficult to obtain a temporary visa as student for Canada, I hired a consultant to help me in my application. At that time of application, I was working in 2 jobs, one part time as administrator of my family's properties and one full time as accounting clerk in a small firm. In my first application, my consultant said that I don't have to input in the "Additional Form" that I had that 2 jobs, because these 2 does not directly relate to my study, so I follor her advise. My first application was refused because "I have not been able to satisfy the officer that I will return to Thailand after my study". So, I made another second application and this time, as what my consultant advised me, I declared that I am working as administrator of these family's properties with mentioned salary from a certain time up to the present or second application. But this time, my application was refused again on the same ground like my first refusal plus, they said that I don't have enough money for my studies in Canada. I consulted this to my consultant and she was helpless so I didn't attempt any more to file a new application.

My concern is that, now I want to file a Working Visa with the Canadian Embassy here in Thailand, and this time, applying alone, I want to declare everything, especially those that were not disclosed in previous applications (being accounting clerk and caretaker for certain period). I started to worry when I read in the forms "Protected when completed", and "The informations collected herein are protected and accesible under Privacy Act and Access to Information Act". Here are my questions and I hope the senior members or anyone can help me.

1. With this application disclosing everything and alone without consultant, should I be very concerned that they are going to scrutinize all my previous records/details in the forms and match them to my details in this new application?

Of course they are

2. I know that there is a reference number for each application made, do you think they keep computer records of all informations/details (such as work in the last 5 years) contained for each application? or do you think that for each file number, they just or only keep the reasons of refusal?

Yes ,it is called CAIPS

3. Are new informations submitted in the application should be the one to be considered, and without giving importance to old informations/details? I guess I am saying here, if new informations are matched against old informations, or new informations are evaluated alone and independent of old informations?

You have put yourself between a rock and hard place, CHC is going to consider that you either misrepresented yourself on the study permit or the PR application, take your pick.

Please help me.
PMM