+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TN Visa - WES Educational evaluation

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
I have a 4 year bachelors degree in B.Tech (Information Technology) from India and had used WES for evaluating my degree to Canadian equivalency.

1) Can I still use this educational evaluation for TN visa since its a 4 year bachelor degree?
2) If not, I am planning to apply for a new one in WES to convert my Canadian equivalency to US equivalent degree. In this case what should be the primary purpose of the WES evaluation - Should it be employment or immigration ?

I have seen mixed responses where ppl have used Employment or Immigration . So looking for guidance.

From ChatGpt:
When applying for a TN visa, the primary purpose of obtaining an evaluation from World Education Services (WES) is typically for employment purposes rather than immigration. The TN visa is a non-immigrant visa category specifically designed for Canadian and Mexican citizens to work in the United States under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) provisions.

The evaluation from WES serves to provide an equivalency assessment of your foreign educational credentials in terms of their equivalence to U.S. educational standards. This evaluation helps prospective employers in the United States understand the level of education you've attained and how it compares to U.S. educational qualifications. It's primarily used to demonstrate your eligibility and qualification for the position you're applying for in the U.S. job market.

Therefore, when requesting an evaluation from WES for TN visa purposes, you should indicate that the evaluation is for employment purposes, as this aligns with the intended use of the TN visa category.

asthag

Jul 16, 2017
I have seen mixed responses too and both were successful so I went ahead with "immigration".

JKaur597

Apr 25, 2024
Hi ,

@asthag , @Z86 - Are you done with WES evaluation for TN visa? I have got Canada WES evaluation done in 2017. Can I get the same converted to US WES for TN visa?

asthag

Jul 16, 2017
yeah you need to call up WES and ask them to transfer documents from canada to the US WES account. They will do the transfer and start a new evaluation

JKaur597

Apr 25, 2024
yeah you need to call up WES and ask them to transfer documents from Canada to the US WES account. They will do the transfer and start a new evaluation
Thanks for the quick reply @asthag.
I have few more queries:
When you created the account for WES US then did you mention the reference number from Canada WES or left it blank?
What did you mention for purpose - immigration or employment?
What package did you choose? WES(ICAP) for $160 or WES BASIC for $111?
What is the processing time from WES side once we submit the request?
Apart from WES, do we need any additional document(I mean any kind of transcripts) from College/University to show for TN Visa or WES is sufficient?

Last edited: