18-8-2010
Passport Req..
5-5-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-5-2011
LANDED..........
23-5-2011
Pharoh said:
I (American) met my spouse (Canadian) on a random tour we both happened to be on, (Ireland). If either of us would have picked a different date to go on the trip, we'd of never met. If I'd not had the balls to talk to her whilst on said trip, we'd of never formed a friendship, courted, and married.

It's funny how life works, eh?
LOL, That story made me laugh. 'Courted' and then ending as a true Canadian 'eh?'

Great and congrats, we're all so lucky! :D

J

jdwhite21

I love this thread... it's very interesting and heartwarming to learn how everyone has met their spouses... its truly crazy how the world works.

I met my husband at Tim Horton's where I live. He came here as a foreign worker and I was his boss haha. It was love at first sight, he invited me to the movies about 2 weeks after we met and were inseperable after that.
Cheers everyone.
Jess.

ladybrytt

Dec 10, 2010
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2010
AOR Received.
26-11-2010
File Transfer...
15-09-2010
I was on a beach and two men were attempting to converse with me. I didn't understand their accent. So I looked over at my now husband (who was minding his own business a short distance away) and asked him if he could translate. He did and it ended there. We ran into each other at another local facility a few days later, and just hung out. We exchanged emails and went about our merry lives. He emailed me a week later. I was a bit shocked. I was planning on heading back there in 7 weeks. When I did, he met me and took me to meet his whole family. We did all sorts of fun stuff. "Courted" I suppose. He is a shy man. It took him days just to swindle the first kiss. It just moved on from there.

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
I met my boyfriend at work, I moved to Whistler in 2007 and started work with Whistler blackcomb as an outdoor ranger working at two of the kids areas they have there. I met my boyfriend in the first week and decided I liked him after an afternoon lying at the top of the tree fort in the snow! He had no clue so on xmas eve I just went for it and told him how I felt and three years and three work visas later we're still together! :) Fingers crossed they let me stay when my last one runs out in October, the application is going in next month! :eek:

catjane

Dec 2, 2010
I met my wonderful husband on ICQ in 2000. We started as friends, met, then fell inlove. I moved from Canada 2 weeks after we met. We've been married for tens years and inlove as ever. We are now in the process if trying to figure out how to move back to Canada. Not as easy as I thought it would be. I'm 62, he's 53.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Well since I am not really good at describing things I will just copy/paste a part of the letter we sent with our app. I am omitting names though. ;) Sorry for the EXTREMELY long post.

"It was going on the last few days of May 2008 when I received an email request from a friend of mine. The friend’s name was *name* and we always had a very mutual friendship all through high school. As I noticed that the email was from *name* and since we hadn’t spoken in a while, I was interested to see the contents of the email. Once I opened the email, it asked for me to confirm that I was *name*’s friend and gave me a choice to click yes or no. Since *name* was obviously a friend of mine, I clicked yes. Once I had clicked yes, it brought me to a site entitled www.myyearbook.com. Once onto the new site, it asked me to sign up for an account. Before registering, I began to wonder around the site to discover what the site pertained to. Myyearbook is a site meant to bring young friends together and to find old friends from high schools across the world. On the site you can do several things that you would do in a high school environment except over a profile page. You can sign autographs, have secret crushes, take quizzes, etc. I figured the site and its ideas of high school would comfort me as I had just graduated as a senior from my high school and thought it would be nice to keep in touch with friends from my school and with people from around the world of similar age.

Upon registering, I began to get familiar with all the new features and found the site most intriguing/unique compared to other social networks. One of the new features was one called “Match.” This feature allowed you to see a picture of a random member of the site and under their picture you were given the option to click “yes” or “no” when asked if you would like to secretly admire that certain person. After discovering the site a bit more, I came back to this feature. Even though the feature was interesting, I had no intentions on finding a love interest. For the rest of the night though I played with this feature as I had nothing else better to do. Over time I began to get uninterested in the feature but continued to play with it, only this time clicking “no” every time a new person popped up and without even bothering to look at the picture that showed up. This feature also provided you the option on the side to see all the people you had said “yes” or “no” to. As you would guess, I actually clicked “no” on *hubby*’s picture without even meaning to. I knew I had chosen the wrong thing because at the moment I had clicked “no” on *hubby*’s picture, a shock went through my body almost telling me that I had done something wrong. Upon feeling the shock, I looked through the pictures and found *hubby*’s picture again. I clicked back on the picture as to enlarge it on the page. I took a look at his picture for a good minute until I finally clicked “yes”.

Upon me saying “yes” to secretly admire *hubby*, *hubby* received a notification on the site that he had indeed gotten a new secret admirer. Once he clicked the new notification, he was greeted with twelve pictures of people that could have possibly secretly admired him. Of course, my picture was featured on there for him to choose from. Out of all the people he could have chosen, he stills tells me to this day that he knew instantly that I was the one. Once he discovered that I had secretly admired him, he then sent a message to me on the site. This would only be the beginning of our conversations that would end up leading us to a very committed relationship we have today. To this day though, I still don’t know what that shock was but I do know that it was a sign telling me from the beginning letting me know that I was meant to know *hubby* whether that happened to be as friends or more than that. I knew from that very moment that I wanted and needed for him to be a part of my life and I am so grateful that I felt that feeling as I may have never found the person I was meant to be with for the rest of my life."

We talked on cam, instant messenger, and telephone for 6 months before he visited me in the US. He lived with my mom and I for 4 months. Would have been longer if his health hadn't gone downhill. I flew back home with him and been here ever since with him and his family on extensions. Can't stand to be even a minute without him. He is the most amazing thing in this universe and I have been blessed with his love. I don't want to go a moment in my life without him. He is not only my husband but my best friend. The only one that will always understand me and get me. I can't wait until we can truly relax and plan our future together.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
my love found me in 2006 on a social network site; for months i kept receiving emails to accept his friend request but i have never talked to "strangers" before and i didn't want to start; still that year was a little harsh for me, i felt i need something different in my life so finally i accepted to be friend with him; soon after he sent me message asking me when i'm available to chat (there were 7h time difference); we exchanged emails, we set up a date and time and so it started; on May 8th 2006 we start talking and clicked right away; it was amazing for both and the strangest thing was that after our first talk i felt i miss him already and he felt the same too; 2 days after we talked again and also started to send each other sms; he was part of my every day life, although he was soo far away; i was amazed how much in common we had although we were from soo different cultures and background; i was soo happy i had someone i could share anything in my mind without worries that i would be judged

unfortunately soon after i had to go for 1 week trip which was planned long before and could not cancel; there i didn't have phone or internet and i missed him too much; it was there when i realized that he was always with me, always in my mind, that i fell inlove with him and all i wanted was to be with him; when i came back i shared my feelings with him which took him by surprise of course who wouldn't be? he didn't say anything but i knew in my heart that he feels the same it was just too strange to admit to himself; we continued being in touch every day - nice sms, emails and loooooooong chats; at the end of the month, he told me he has something to tell me but he wants to call me; he called, we heard our voices for the first time and said our first mutual 'i love u'

we had 1 whole year of long distance calls, emails, chats, ups and downs; we were soo inlove but we established that we have to first meet each other in person and then see what will happen; since he has a lot of travel restrictions cuz of his nationality i decided to go and visit him; crazy ha? in May 2007 i went alone 10h+ by plane in a place i have never seen before and i knew noone but him; but i trusted him 100% and my family too; they knew about my plans from the very beginning and i had their full support; and so i went to find my love; our first meeting was at the airport: i recognized him from far and from the first hello and first touch i knew he was the one i'll spend my life with

we spend 1 whole magical month and when i left it was the hardest thing i have ever done in my life; that day i promised myself that our next meeting i will do my best to never leave him again; so i went back to Canada with that thought and we both knew what to do: me to finish my studies to find a good job where he was and him to get a better situation where he was; in exactly one more year i went back (May 2008) and we have been living together since then :D the life here is not easy but we have one another, we take care of each other and at the end of the day we r soo happy together; we r all the time amazed from where we started (just a dream) and how much we achieved (a dream come true)

now our next challenge is to go back together to Canada (i'll not go anywhere without him) and make ourselves a brighter future there

sorry everyone for this long post, i tend to be taken away ;) it's nice to read ur stories and nice to see so many met online like us; so here is mine and it's first time i write about it; i'll save it for the application file which i'm currently preparing ;) good luck to all of us!

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I `met` my husband on a social network site too. I already had plans to visit my very close friends in Canada and study here for 6 months. I signed up for the network in hope I will find other people from the same town. I`m very social and couldn`t imagine to go to a place where I know only 2 people. He had an accident at work and was in hospital for 2 months with his left foot cut open. He mailed me first and from there it went just naturally. We were friends before we met in person, but I had a gut feeling he is a very truthworthy, reliable and kind person. We had a lot in common and could talk for hours on skype about different topics. Once he was relesed from the hospital he went on a trip and he was still calling me twice a week. We had 4 months like this, then we met in person when I arrived at the airport. He was really nervous, poor him- it still makes me smile. He took me to my friends` place and from that day we met every day and I knew he was the one for me. We are together for 3 years, married for a year and a half and we have a 6 months old baby. Sometimes I wonder how my life would be if we did not find each other. I absolutely can`t imagine- he is my best friend, my soulmate, everything that makes sense in this world. Funny thing- when we visited his family, his grandma told me, he has told her before we met that if I was such like he could imagine me, he was going to marry me one day.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I also love reading stories about lovely couples meeting online, for us facebook. We've now lived together for 2 years here in Canada together for almost 3. Waiting patiently to able to plan our wedding and our life together :)