+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

thinking that our file is just lost!and wanna redo a new one

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
hello everybody
i think most of people here,have heard about my story before,,,im a Moroccan guy and my wife is Canadian from newfoundland,she is sponsoring me,and she has sent our application since 23th June 2010,and since then we don't know anything about it,,,and lately,when she calls the immigration call center,they say,it's in process,but they keep saying this since last November
well,i keep asking my wife to do something,and she told me she is contacting people and asking them,,,etc etc etc,,,but nothing,,,,and im really done of patience,so i wanna do things my self,,,i asked her to redo another one,but she already has a copy of our first one,,,so can we resend it in,,or redo a new one????
and my concern,is that they ask for an original of your marriage contract,,,and the original has been sent with the first application,!!!!!!!!so is it okay if we just send the photo copy of our marriage contract?
and can i send the application from here(Morocco),i can fed ex it,from here,,,in my wife's name,,,,
is that okay?????
please,any help would be appreciated,,,and thank you all,very very very much

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Did you apoly inland or outland?, it is very important. are you already in Canada? then I'll help you answering your questions. You never the send the original of your marriage certificate, never. only a photocopy is required....

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
If they say it is processing than it is processing.
If she did not receive the sponsor approval letter then she could ask them to resend it and make sure they have the correct mailing address.

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
gladiateur19, I posted in your other post. Find out how your wife sent the package. If she sent it registered, which means she required a signature when they received the package, then it can be tracked. If so get the tracking number and track it thru the canada post website. It will tell you when they received it and how signed for it. It's a start to start tracking it thru CIC.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Love Young, at what point do they send the sponsor approval letter for us inlanders? How long does it take to get that? Does that come with AIP?
Also, what exactly do you get with AIP? Is it only the work permit?

Amandsu, has your file started processing yet? I don't see it on your timeline.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
angtao said:
Love Young, at what point do they send the sponsor approval letter for us inlanders? How long does it take to get that? Does that come with AIP?
Also, what exactly do you get with AIP? Is it only the work permit?

Amandsu, has your file started processing yet? I don't see it on your timeline.
angtao, I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread. However, I will still try to answer your questions.
It takes 9-10 months from the time Vegreville receives your application to make a decision on first stage approval (AIP).
AIP is when they approve the sponsor of their eligibility and also approve the genuineness of the relationship. That is only for the first half of the process. After receiving AIP they will finish with the background checks and medical eligibility for the applicant which may take up to another 9 month wait after getting AIP to finish. After they are done with that they will notify the applicant of their PR landing interview. Then you're done.

And as stated AIP means they approve the sponsor and the genuineness of your relationship. If you applied for an OWP with the PR application then yes you will be given the OWP when approved for AIP.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
Love_Young said:
If they say it is processing than it is processing.
If she did not receive the sponsor approval letter then she could ask them to resend it and make sure they have the correct mailing address.
processing since 23june 2010,,,,,??????????????????? does that make sens to you??????????
i said,it's in there since last june,and it's an outland sponsorship,im still in morocco,,,and they haven't approved it yet,,,why then it is taking so long,,,,and we already know it only takes one day to approve or reject a sponsorship?????

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
gladiateur19 -

Sorry if this has already been asked, but has she asked her MP to get involved? I think it's insane that you've been waiting this long.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
gladiateur19 said:
processing since 23june 2010,,,,,??????????????????? does that make sens to you??????????
i said,it's in there since last june,and it's an outland sponsorship,im still in morocco,,,and they haven't approved it yet,,,why then it is taking so long,,,,and we already know it only takes one day to approve or reject a sponsorship?????
You just said it is processing.
Yes, it can still be processing outland if the timeline is a long wait for your particular office.
I just looked on the CIC website and they are stating it is taking 10 months for 80% of applications to be processed in Morocco so it is still possible you are within the normal wait times. If you are concerned that you did not get a sponsor approval letter from Mississauga then you need to call CIC and confirm that the address they have on file is written right, then ask them to resend it. And yes for your offices it can take 10 months for them to approve the WHOLE sponsorship application. As long as it is within 10 months then you are still in the normal processing range. If it goes over that then it would be a good idea to try and contact your MP again.

I also think you are getting sponsorship approval versus sponsor approval mixed up.
It takes Mississauga a month after you mailed the application there to look at the application. They then approve the sponsors portion of the application. They then notify of the sponsor assessment approval at which time they mail the application to your visa office which is Morocco. Morocco will then start to assess your part of the application for approval which can take up to 10 months. Within those 10 months you could get an interview or asked for a passport. As long as you are still within those 10 months then you are within normal processing range. If it goes over that and you still haven't heard from Morocco then get your MP to contact your visa office and push the application along. So all in all, your whole application process can take 11 months. That 11 months is including the time it take Mississauga to open and make a decision about the sponsor portion and the 10 months it takes Morocco to finish processing the applicant portion.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
sheila la said:
gladiateur19, I posted in your other post. Find out how your wife sent the package. If she sent it registered, which means she required a signature when they received the package, then it can be tracked. If so get the tracking number and track it thru the canada post website. It will tell you when they received it and how signed for it. It's a start to start tracking it thru CIC.
as i said,they keep saying the application is in Mississauga,,,she called the immigration call center again today,and they gave her the same answer,,it is in process!!!!!!ouh wow,,in process since a very long time,8 months and soon it's gonna be 9 months,,,
we have a paper saying the date and who signed for our application when it has been received

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
Love_Young said:
You just said it is processing.
Yes, it can still be processing outland if the timeline is a long wait for your particular office.
I just looked on the CIC website and they are stating it is taking 10 months for 80% of applications to be processed in Morocco so it is still possible you are within the normal wait times. If you are concerned that you did not get a sponsor approval letter from Mississauga then you need to call CIC and confirm that the address they have on file is written right, then ask them to resend it. And yes for your offices it can take 10 months for them to approve the WHOLE sponsorship application. As long as it is within 10 months then you are still in the normal processing range. If it goes over that then it would be a good idea to try and contact your MP again.

I also think you are getting sponsorship approval versus sponsor approval mixed up.
It takes Mississauga a month after you mailed the application there to look at the application. They then approve the sponsors portion of the application. They then notify of the sponsor assessment approval at which time they mail the application to your visa office which is Morocco. Morocco will then start to assess your part of the application for approval which can take up to 10 months. Within those 10 months you could get an interview or asked for a passport. As long as you are still within those 10 months then you are within normal processing range. If it goes over that and you still haven't heard from Morocco then get your MP to contact your visa office and push the application along. So all in all, your whole application process can take 11 months. That 11 months is including the time it take Mississauga to open and make a decision about the sponsor portion and the 10 months it takes Morocco to finish processing the applicant portion.
please,,,just try to understand me,and read my topic very well,,,all what you just said,i already know it very well,,,im saying that my wife has sent in our application to Mississauga,on june 2010,it got received on 23th june 2010,and a weeks after that we tried to look it online,and we weren't getting anything,it isn't even showing on the Ecas,,,and then my wife kept calling the MCIC call center,and they couldn't say anything about it,,,all what they could say,was,that they know it was received,but no more news about it,,,till last november,then one day,she called again as usual,and then they answered her and they told her it's in process(im saying,,in process in Mississauga)i know it only takes one month there,and around 10 months here,i know all of that,but what you didn't understand is that,im telling you,the application is still in Mississauga,since then,,,i sent an email to rabat asking them if they have my file,they said,no,,,,
did u understand now?????

Miguel de Cervantes

Dec 6, 2010
It almost sounds as though your application is being processed as inland instead of outland...although if that were the case it would be in Vegreville, and not Mississauga. Maybe you should order CAIPS notes and see what it says on them?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Definitely contact your MP and ask for his/her help. It should not be sitting in Mississauga for for so long. Stress to the MP that it is still waiting in Mississauga, and has not yet been sent to the visa office in Morocco. Not all MPs are helpful, but most are, and will at least try to find out what is going on.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
canadianwoman said:
Definitely contact your MP and ask for his/her help. It should not be sitting in Mississauga for for so long. Stress to the MP that it is still waiting in Mississauga, and has not yet been sent to the visa office in Morocco. Not all MPs are helpful, but most are, and will at least try to find out what is going on.
i asked my wife to contact her MP,,,i dont know if he can be helpful or not,,i didnt contact him in person,so i can't judge him,,but my wife did,,i dont know what else i can do

Material

Feb 16, 2011
gladiateur19 said:
i asked my wife to contact her MP,,,i dont know if he can be helpful or not,,i didnt contact him in person,so i can't judge him,,but my wife did,,i dont know what else i can do

Order you CAIPS notes they might say something here is a link to help you out:

http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

Here is the form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf