+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Working and Living

trev_uk

Mar 12, 2008
Hi

I have been looking everywhere and can not find the best solution for what I wish to do.

I have contacted some visa sites and have had no reply so after finding this site I thought I would try here!

I wish to come to Canada for around a year to live with my girlfriend who is Canadian. Then we plan on coming back to the UK to live.

While I am in Canada I plan on getting a job but I do not have a job offer. I would idealy like to find work when I am there.

I have read up on the working holiday visa and see that it is now closed for non students.

I am planning on going in June this year.

If anyone has done anything like this before or knows the correct way to go about doing such thing that would be much appreciated!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi
trev_uk said:
Hi

I have been looking everywhere and can not find the best solution for what I wish to do.

I have contacted some visa sites and have had no reply so after finding this site I thought I would try here!

I wish to come to Canada for around a year to live with my girlfriend who is Canadian. Then we plan on coming back to the UK to live.

While I am in Canada I plan on getting a job but I do not have a job offer. I would idealy like to find work when I am there.

I have read up on the working holiday visa and see that it is now closed for non students.

If anyone has done anything like this before or knows the correct way to go about doing such thing that would be much appreciated!
1. As you say Bunac for non-students is closed for this year.
2. So you probably are hooped, unless you come as a visitor and are offered a job, that the employer is will to get a Labour Market Opinion from Services Canada that there are no Canadians/PRs available and they have advertised extensively. The hitch is unless the job "under pressure" the LMO may take upwards of 6 months to obtain, before you can apply for a work permit at a Port of Entry.

PMM

trev_uk

Mar 12, 2008
PMM said:
Hi
trev_uk said:
Hi

1. As you say Bunac for non-students is closed for this year.
2. So you probably are hooped, unless you come as a visitor and are offered a job, that the employer is will to get a Labour Market Opinion from Services Canada that there are no Canadians/PRs available and they have advertised extensively. The hitch is unless the job "under pressure" the LMO may take upwards of 6 months to obtain, before you can apply for a work permit at a Port of Entry.

PMM
So it would be possible to get a temporary visitor visa for a year or so and if I find a job then the employer can apply for an LMO?