+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary compared to permanent - rights

seejay

Mar 20, 2006
England
Hi

can anyone help with advice/information about the differences in 'rights' of temporary visitors (work visa exempt, specifically) and permanent resident status?

I'm particularly interested in how working as temporary affects our children going to school (elementary stage)

thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

seejay said:
Hi

can anyone help with advice/information about the differences in 'rights' of temporary visitors (work visa exempt, specifically) and permanent resident status?

I'm particularly interested in how working as temporary affects our children going to school (elementary stage)

thanks!
Work permit holders may have to pay international rates for school children in some provinces. So check the school board in the city of the province where your work permit is for. For example in Vancouver if the parents hold a 1 year work/study permit then school is free, but $12K per year otherwise. PR's children get free public schooling .

PMM

seejay

Mar 20, 2006
England
can anyone also advise what criteria immigration officers look for to establish a remaining link with country of origin, and that as a temporary worker or visitor I would intend returning at the end of my visit/work permit time?

thanks