+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF old vs new score

EliasK

Feb 15, 2024
Dears ,
I took my TEF on 12 January and its after 11 Dec 2023 as per IRCC there is new score for TEF .
As per the old score over 450 i got NCLC6 on writting and as per new TEF score it is NCLC7
But when i go to the website to apply there is no option to put the new score over 699 anyone faced this? They said still not updated the system.any suggestions?

PKay2022

Mar 5, 2022
The ranges for score to NCLC matching have changed recently, All results after 11 Dec 2023 have the NCLC level also mentioned in the last column of the result. In the express entry profile you have to fill in old score ( Ancienne) not the new one.

EliasK

Feb 15, 2024
The ranges for score to NCLC matching have changed recently, All results after 11 Dec 2023 have the NCLC level also mentioned in the last column of the result. In the express entry profile you have to fill in old score ( Ancienne) not the new one.
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering whats the benifits for IRCC to change the scores without being reflected in their process .otherwise where we can benifit or use this new TEF score?

GMbah

Sep 27, 2022
Hello PKay

Thanks for responding to this.
In my own case I put in old score but the system does not pick the NCLC as a 7.
I have two 7 and two 8 for NCLC.

I don't get the additional 50 points and when the last draw was made with Crs below 400, I didn't get called even though I have 424.

I think the system still recognized it as NCLC 6. The system needs to be updated to pick the score as NCLC 7

What can you advice for this please?
Reading NCLC 8
Listening NCLC 7
Writing NCLC 8
Speaking NCLC 7

Test taken Feb 2024.

EliasK

Feb 15, 2024
I had the same issue , I advise you to retake the test . I first took TEF and had on writting new score 7 but old 6 .
So i retook the TCF & I passed it .