Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
Hi, has anyone taken the TEF test? If so, what level of french is required as i'm studying GCSE French. How did you find the test?

catocan

Oct 25, 2005
I took the TEF test twice, but didn't get the results I needed/wanted. The standards are very high, if your level needs to be intermediate. It's a French based operation in Paris, all test instructions are in French, the oral comprehension is a joke. You need to understand the machine-gun like speed of the spoken language. You also need to be able to read fairly complicated excerpts and then answer questions about it in a very short period of time. I couldn't even understand the question in the written expression part (800 word essay), resulting in 0 points for that part. IMO, this test is totally unfair for someone who's trying to get a few needed points and it makes me not ever want to have anything to do with that language.
You can get sample tests and archaic, bad quality tapes at your nearest TEF test center (just google them), which will charge you plenty. Sorry, I'm just thoroughly disgusted by it after having put in a lot of energy into studying. It truly made me feel all French are snobs. The test is meant for ALL levels, Basic, Int., Advanced. Good luck.