+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking toddler to the oath ceremony

pr2013

Mar 14, 2013
Again, you don't need a babysitter, a nanny or worry about where to place your kid. Take her with you, as you enter the hall, they will tell you, if the child becomes disruptive, one of the parent needs to stay with her outside until it's time for oath and then they will call the parent back to take the oath. Try to keep her occupied with something while the judge is speaking. It takes roughly 20 mts when the clerk starts to the time of oath. When they start calling people to take the certificate it becomes noisy and no will care about any sounds.
I'm done with my ceremony today and we ended up getting a nanny to accompany us to the oath ceremony. In hindsight, @FloydCan's advice was sound. My daughter did exactly what I expected her to do, she started talking just as the ceremony started. I stood right at the back and diverted her attention. There was another kid who started crying. The mother stepped out for a bit and came back to take the oath. However, I understand that kids can become noisy and disruptive, and that might annoy others attending. But we were lucky that my daughter was well-behaved throughout. Anyway, my wife and I are officially citizens now.

Reactions: k300k3