Forexer

Oct 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I’m new to this forum & I apologies if it’s been posted already, but I want to ask you 3 questions:
About me: Total Score 75 (I counted 16 for my language), US Bachelor degree.

I didn’t take IELTS yet but to be efficient I want to submit my application asap and take the test within a month or so before my application is transferred to a visa office. My questions are as follows:

(1) Should I put “No” in the language question in the application to CIO and then when I have to submit my application along with the supporting documentation to Visa Office I will check “yes” because I’ll have my test taken by then?
(2) What if I took a test and got only 12 points (which is still gets me above required 67 points); will it create a problem for me because these 12 points will not reflect 16 that I have mentioned on my original application to CIO or it will not matter at that points as long as I have 67+ in total.
(3) It is not IELTS related! Do they accept an official evaluation as a translation of my diploma?

Sorry for this long question and you time, but I really couldn’t find the answer browsing here.
Thanks again.

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Forexer said:
I'm new to this forum & I apologies if it's been posted already, but I want to ask you 3 questions:
About me: Total Score 75 (I counted 16 for my language), US Bachelor degree.

I didn't take IELTS yet but to be efficient I want to submit my application asap and take the test within a month or so before my application is transferred to a visa office. My questions are as follows:

(1) Should I put “No” in the language question in the application to CIO and then when I have to submit my application along with the supporting documentation to Visa Office I will check “yes” because I'll have my test taken by then? I have put YES in my form although I have not yet IELTS. But I have already taken TOEFL, and am planning to take IELTS soon. So there should be no problem, as long as you take the test before the deadline you are given to provide CIC with the documents. Maybe other members can share their comments on this, as well.
(2) What if I took a test and got only 12 points (which is still gets me above required 67 points); will it create a problem for me because these 12 points will not reflect 16 that I have mentioned on my original application to CIO or it will not matter at that points as long as I have 67+ in total. I think there won't be any problem as long as you meet the minimum 67 points criteria. Just your score will be counted according to your test result.
(3) It is not IELTS related! Do they accept an official evaluation as a translation of my diploma? What do u mean by official evaluation?

Sorry for this long question and you time, but I really couldn't find the answer browsing here.
Thanks again.

Forexer

Oct 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks mbastudies,

I've decided to select 'no' - it's already on its way to CIO:) I will take a test on the 14th or 21st in Boston, MA USA... so i'd have it by the time i need it. Thanks again and good luck to you.

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks and good luck my friend! I will have my test on Dec. 4th & 5th! ;)

Forexer said:
Thanks mbastudies,

I've decided to select 'no' - it's already on its way to CIO:) I will take a test on the 14th or 21st in Boston, MA USA... so i'd have it by the time i need it. Thanks again and good luck to you.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Say no if you have not taken exam

To see how many points you can get from IELTS read read" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf page 10

Forexer

Oct 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankit_20 said:
Say no if you have not taken exam
On my application to CIO i said 'NO' and put 16points, now I have my test results - I've got 14 points (Listening 7.0; Reading 6.5; Writting 7.5; Speaking 7,5). These 14 points still should get me to about 70 points total. Should I just I retake the test to match my original application to CIO or should I just stay with my 14 points?