+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Switching from PGWP to TRV. Please help.

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
A.B.123 said:
ok, talked to another agent who was RUDE (!). dealing with CIC is not a pleasant experience. ok, so I applied to extend my stay and it is not an actual Visa which means that in approximately 74 days since I made an application I will get a decision from CIC. If they let me stay in Canada, they will specify for how long but 6 months is maximum. However, if I want to leave Canada I can leave Canada anytime but won't be able to come back unless I get a new visa. That's it.

he couldn't really answer the question about how this might affect my EE application for PR or if I have to change anything in my profile.Even Though in the menu I've chosen to talk about EE specifically. Essentially, what he was saying is that I could find all the answers online instead of calling him and asking questions. ohh, dealing with him was a terrible way to start a day. :mad:

why can't they just give straightforward information instead of those vague texts on their website? so that no one has to deal with their rude agents
I think you are basically under implied status of TRV till a decision is made. This should not affect you EE application for PR other than just you updating your work experience to reflect that you have stopped working. For now your hope is to get an ITA in the next few draws. Also have a plan B in case your application is denied.