+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Super Visa] Purpose of Travel - Other

supervisa099

Dec 25, 2014
Hi Everyone. I know this question has been asked before, but I could not find a conclusive answer. For the "Purpose of Travel - Other", CIC provides examples that we can use:

- copy of the flight ticket departing Canada
- travel itinerary (places you will visit or stay)
- proof of a medical appointment

I think CIC basically wants a proof that you are coming for a temporary visit.

This is for my parents visiting me. They both have full-time jobs back home, and plan to stay here for only a couple of months.

I want to use the flight ticket, but if I buy it now, it is a bit risky, since the visa might not come in time. Is only a booking enough, i.e., just the travel reservation (for which full payment does not need to be made, and changes can me made to the dates).

Or, would you recommend using something else?

Thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Are your parents applying for TRVs or for Super Visas if they are visiting for only a couple of months?

You can provide:
a. Travel reservations without paying for confirmed plane tickets.... you can mention that your will confirm these flight bookings when their visas are granted

b. You can also prepare a detailed itinerary which in a way is also the 'Purpose of Visit'

supervisa099 said:
I think CIC basically wants a proof that you are coming for a temporary visit.
As for proving they are applying for a temporary visit, this can be done through their employment/family/property ownership/financial ties to their home country

Cheers