+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting Biometrics Before Receiving Instruction Letter

khughes

Jan 7, 2019
Brampton
As the title says, I am curious if anyone has been successful in submitting biometrics before the biometrics instruction letter is received. If anyone has this experience in Bangkok specifically I would like to hear about it.

PA is in Thailand until mid October and will be returning to Canada (on valid visitor visa) for 4-6 months and we are worried that she will come to Canada, and be sent the letter for biometrics shortly after we return - meaning we will have to make a trip to the US which we would like to avoid.

Spoke with IRCC and they said that it is mostly up to the local VAC (VFS Bangkok in our case) as to whether they will allow it.

Outland family class (common-law) application. Sponsor is Canadian Citizen, PA is Thai. AOR and SA received. No Medical or Bio request yet.

Timeline:

App Received: July 2, 2019
ECAS: Aug 30, 2019
AOR: Aug 30, 2019
SA: Sep 11, 2019

Any insight is much appreciated!

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
I am not sure if all countries are the same, but in Manila you 100% need the letter. The letter has a barcode on it that must be scanned. It also serves as the proof that you have paid the biometrics fees.

khughes

Jan 7, 2019
Brampton
I am not sure if all countries are the same, but in Manila you 100% need the letter. The letter has a barcode on it that must be scanned. It also serves as the proof that you have paid the biometrics fees.
Appreciate the information. That was the other issue I considered was payment. I have the receipt proving I paid the fee but knowing how things work in Thailand, anything that varies from the "normal process" is usually just flat out refused, regardless of the logic behind it.

Last edited: