• 1 YEAR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 YEARS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnitaPinnalawatta

Aug 17, 2006
I submitted my papers for immigration to Canada on 16 Mar 2006. I applied for Skilled (Federal) migration. I submitted my papers in London. How long would it take? I am getting very depressed with the wait!

Any suggestions
Ani

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AnitaPinnalawatta said:
I submitted my papers for immigration to Canada on 16 Mar 2006. How long would it take? I am getting very depressed with the wait!

Any suggestions
Ani
You didn't state where you submitted them or what category, so check
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/index.html for previous average processing times.

PMM

AnitaPinnalawatta

Aug 17, 2006
Yes, sorry I did not mention those details. I submitted my papers at the London office for Skilled Migration. I hope you can give me some advise

Thanks
Ani

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AnitaPinnalawatta said:
Yes, sorry I did not mention those details. I submitted my papers at the London office for Skilled Migration. I hope you can give me some advise

Thanks
Ani
You are looking at at least 25-52 months which for applications already processed and the wait is going up. Unless you have Arranged Employment Option from HRSDC, then you have a very long wait ahead of you.

PMM

AnitaPinnalawatta

Aug 17, 2006
Dear PMM

Thankyou for your reply. Yes, it is going to be a very long wait.
What is the likelihood of it being 25 months and not 52 months?

Thankyou
Ani

AnitaPinnalawatta

Aug 17, 2006
While reading other messages, I just came across someones comments 'a skilled worker visa is never guaranteed, even if one has enough points. They have already filled their quota (there is one) for 2006 I believe, so it wouldn't be before 2007 in any case'

My questions:
* Is there a skilled worker quota, if so what percentage has been filled in the beginning of the year?
* Is it true that 2006 quota is filled?
* Where do they publish these statistics?
* What are the reason for a skilled worker visa being refused even if I have the required points' (apart from the usualy medicals, police clearence etc.)

Thankyou in advance

AnitaPinnalawatta

Aug 17, 2006
Any suggestions on the above question? The questions I have asked could be useful to any one. So if anyone knows anything, please reply.
Ani

AnitaPinnalawatta

Aug 17, 2006
Does anyone know the answers to these questions? PMM!
My questions:
* Is there a skilled worker quota, if so what percentage has been filled in the beginning of the year?
* What are the reason for a skilled worker visa being refused even if I have the required points' (apart from the usualy medicals, police clearence etc.)

Thankyou in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

AnitaPinnalawatta said:
Does anyone know the answers to these questions? PMM!
My questions:

Thankyou in advance
1. Yes, 110-120K per year, includes children and spouses.
2. It probably will be shortly at some offices, Manila, Delhi, Beijing.
3. Start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/monitor/issue12/02-immigrants.html
4. Unable to support themselves in opinion of IO.

PMM

AnitaPinnalawatta

Aug 17, 2006
Dear PMM

Thankyou very much, this gives me a lot of information.
You mention a point, 'Unable to support themselves in opinion of IO'- what does IO stand for?

Appreciate your reply
Thanks
Ani

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AnitaPinnalawatta said:
Dear PMM

Thankyou very much, this gives me a lot of information.
You mention a point, 'Unable to support themselves in opinion of IO'- what does IO stand for?

Appreciate your reply
Thanks
Ani

Immigration Officer

PMM