+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Refusal - International Student

Iphi

Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to study in Canada, unfortunately my application had been refused but I will re-apply again. Giving you a little background of my refusal.

1. Travel history
2. Primary intention in Canada
**We lacked research on this, the agent who assisted me in my study plan stated that "if given a chance I'll be applying for a permanent visa". I was not aware that this should not be included on my statement of purpose.
3. No intention of leaving Canada at the end of the period of study
**Family ties: my husband and my son will accompany me
4. Insufficient funds:
** Joint account (me and my husband) = 13,500CAD ** Support from my uncle = 35,100 CAD (with documents and affidavit stating that he will support my study)

Additional information:

School: Bow Valley College

Program: Administrative Professional Certificate (August 2017 intake)
Line of work: Planning, Scheduling and Forecasting (call center industry)

My questions are:
1. I'm thinking that I was rejected by the Visa Officer since my program can be accommodate here in the Philippines as well. Is there a big chance that I will be refused again if I change my program?
2. If my husband and my son will no longer accompany me, will be this a reason again for my refusal? Because my husband got a new job and it will be much easier if my son stays here in the Philippines so my parents can look after our son as well while my husband is working.

Hope you could give me advise on this matter.

Thank you in advance.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
1. Your agent ruined your career. I doubt how much repairable this damage is. Any sane person with 7 days experience in the field will refrain from writing that sentence.

2. If you want to apply again, make sure to address each and every point in previous refusal. Leaving family behind will increase your chances. Your proposed program must make sense in light of your past academics and experience. You should explain why you aren't studying in home country.

Did you get CAIPS? You should get that.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Do you apply for one or you simply request for it?
Let's say you "order" one and it gets served in 1 month. If you have a friend residing in Canada (works like food coupon), you can get it for $5. If you don't, you can ask different chefs to cook it for you for different prices ($15-$120). The difference is that either they serve you half cooked dish and you work extra time (search Google, forum, cic.gc.ca ) on it to understand it better (lousy chef, but very economic) or pay extra money to get spoon fed.

Hope this helps buddy!

Iphi

Jun 18, 2017
1. Your agent ruined your career. I doubt how much repairable this damage is. Any sane person with 7 days experience in the field will refrain from writing that sentence.

2. If you want to apply again, make sure to address each and every point in previous refusal. Leaving family behind will increase your chances. Your proposed program must make sense in light of your past academics and experience. You should explain why you aren't studying in home country.

Did you get CAIPS? You should get that.
Yes, I've requested for it. Thank you so much for the response.

andreija_4

Jul 12, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to study in Canada, unfortunately my application had been refused but I will re-apply again. Giving you a little background of my refusal.

1. Travel history
2. Primary intention in Canada
**We lacked research on this, the agent who assisted me in my study plan stated that "if given a chance I'll be applying for a permanent visa". I was not aware that this should not be included on my statement of purpose.
3. No intention of leaving Canada at the end of the period of study
**Family ties: my husband and my son will accompany me
4. Insufficient funds:
** Joint account (me and my husband) = 13,500CAD ** Support from my uncle = 35,100 CAD (with documents and affidavit stating that he will support my study)

Additional information:

School: Bow Valley College

Program: Administrative Professional Certificate (August 2017 intake)
Line of work: Planning, Scheduling and Forecasting (call center industry)

My questions are:
1. I'm thinking that I was rejected by the Visa Officer since my program can be accommodate here in the Philippines as well. Is there a big chance that I will be refused again if I change my program?
2. If my husband and my son will no longer accompany me, will be this a reason again for my refusal? Because my husband got a new job and it will be much easier if my son stays here in the Philippines so my parents can look after our son as well while my husband is working.

Hope you could give me advise on this matter.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

May I ask the name of your agency?