+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Rejected due to locked GC key account

Sep 18, 2016
Hi, dear Forum Members:
Thank you in advance for any suggestions. My study permit extension was refused, instead of writing a story, I decided to sort my case based on time line and here is what happened exactly.

July 29th : Submitted my application for extension of study permit.
July 31st : Original study permit expired.
Sept 9th : Request Letter from CIC for a new updated enrolment letter (2016 Fall), dead line was Sept 16th.
Same day : Went to register office of my university and paid my fee (got receipt).
Sept 16th : (11:00am) Got my enrolment letter and tried to log into GC key. The website keeps loading and would not allow me to log in.
(11:30am) Attempt login exceeded, account locked(for 24 hours)
(12:00pm) Called call centre for help, the agent kept telling me that he is going to send me an email and let me check the email.
(12:04pm) Got an email "Request for information", nothing was helpful.
(12:14pm) Submitted IRCC web form, explained my situation and attatched the new enrolment letter.
Sept 17th : Log in succeed, got a rejection letter reason was failed to submit my documents on time.
"As you have not submitted the documents prior to the due date, your application cannot be approved."
Sept 21st : Got a reply from my IRCC webform submission.
"We have forwarded the information you provided to the responsible office. They will contact you only if they require further
information."
Sept 23rd : Called help centre, agent said she placed a "request for re-opening" on my file.

My questions:
1)How long does it take them to decide whether to reopen my file?
2)Do I get noticed by email if they decided to not open my file?
3)If my case is reopened, does it take VO another month or so to make the final decision?
4)What are my chances ? Any similar case ?

*Additional Info:
I was a full time student (4 courses per term) for previous 8 terms, while holding a fine GPA.

Sorry for the long post, but I really need some advice now. I am loosing my mind from waiting...

Satvir Singh

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Samrala,Punjab,India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 07,2014
File Transfer...
09 May,2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2014 Wahaguru
Why you forget your GC login authorization and you did not submit enrollment letter before 31 July with your application.
Now don't worry if your college allowed to study immigration have to give study permit if you provide all supportive documents

Sep 18, 2016
Satvir Singh said:
Why you forget your GC login authorization and you did not submit enrollment letter before 31 July with your application.
Now don't worry if your college allowed to study immigration have to give study permit if you provide all supportive documents
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.
On July 29th I submitted my enrolment letter from 2015 September to this summer. Unfortunately, this summer I had to defer three final examinations due to eye infection(So,there're 3"F"s before I wrote my deferred final exam on late August.) And due to low gpa, I was not able to choose any courses until August,2nd. So my enrolment letter is form 2015 September to 2016 Summer term.