+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Correspondence letter same as Letter of introduction?

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I'm a small confusion, for the ones who have received their study permit did you receive correspondence letter, where it says you have been approved study permit with UCI number on top left?

Did you guys receive any other letter apart from this?

Few who have applied for SOWP received additional POE Introduction letter and Correspondence letter, both almost similar in content.

Could anyone throw some information on this?

Thanks!

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Yes,
Hi Everyone,
I'm a small confusion, for the ones who have received their study permit did you receive correspondence letter, where it says you have been approved study permit with UCI number on top left?

Did you guys receive any other letter apart from this?

Few who have applied for SOWP received additional POE Introduction letter and Correspondence letter, both almost similar in content.

Could anyone throw some information on this?

Thanks!
I received both with similar in the content, did you receive stamp on your passport? And how does it look like? Is the same as Tourist visa?

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Yes,

I received both with similar in the content, did you receive stamp on your passport? And how does it look like? Is the same as Tourist visa?
Actually this is a student visa and i didn't get POE Introduction letter. Just the correspondence letter. Did you apply for tourist visa?
Thanks!

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Actually this is a student visa and i didn't get POE Introduction letter. Just the correspondence letter. Did you apply for tourist visa?
Thanks!
I have Tourists visa already since last year, and I applied student visa June and I got approved with both POE and corespondent letter , my program have internships

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
I have Tourists visa already since last year, and I applied student visa June and I got approved with both POE and corespondent letter , my program have internships
Ohh I see, so i just have correspondence letter and i did get the stamp on my passport, do you think i should contact the embassy?

Anyone else here who applied for study permit and received only correspondence letter but not poe introduction letter?

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Ohh I see, so i just have correspondence letter and i did get the stamp on my passport, do you think i should contact the embassy?

Anyone else here who applied for study permit and received only correspondence letter but not poe introduction letter?
I think yours it's ok because you don't have internship in your program

pradeepadm2017

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2020
I too received only Passport and Correspondence letter. Not received LOI. My program too does not have work permit requirement. That might be the reason.