snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Syphilis was found in my blood in June 2009 while doing medical test before joining an international NGO. The doctor gave me 3 dose of painful penicillin to eject on my back. But after that I was with different girls and did not follow up on my checkups.

I am applying for master in Canada this April. Any suggestions or experience on Syphilis and student visa thingi? Please share your suggestions, experience or anything that you think important for me to know.

Is there any chance of getting student visa if I show the medical people that I had Syphilis and I took the injections? Will they still reject me?

Please help me, I am really worried about the medical examination. Thanks in advance.

ryan28Dubai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2011
Brother before you do the medical for your visa why dont you do a normal medical examination to find out if Syphilis can be detected in your blood stream ?. I mean if its the Primary and secondary stages it cannot be detected but if its the latent stage even if it is cured with penicillin it will be detected. in your blood..point is if it detected in your blood stream then your visa will be rejected...so just do a simple test out and see if it can be traced..if yes dont apply, if no then go ahead and apply and dont EVER EVER reveal this in your medical questionnaire.

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you brother for replying.
Since they found it in my blood before in 2009, so it will remain detectable although it is cured.
I have cured it and I can take a certificate of cure from doctors too.

My question is, lets say I have showed my syphilis certificate to the medical examiner before giving the blood and they still detect the virus in my blood. (The certificate says its cured but it should be visible in the blood all my life). Will I get a visa or they still reject me?

ryan28Dubai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2011
Brother ok here is my suggestion..When we do the medical there are a few checks..i am sure Aids and Pneumonia is on the list, but to be honest i really do now remember seeing Syphilis on the medical list brother..So why dont u go to any hospital which does medicals for the canadian consulate and ask them before hand...im sure they will tell you if you need to go ahead or not...

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank brother, thats a good suggestion. Luckily I found out the place where I tested my blood before in 2009 is included in the list of Canadian medical centers.

I need to see them tomorrow in the morning. Please pray for me. thanks.