+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student status - required to withdraw

dezdar

Jul 9, 2018
Hello everyone,
I've faced a difficult situation during my studies, and I was wondering if someone here had a similar issue or can give an advice. I was enrolled in Tourism Management Diploma Program at Capilano University, North Vancouver on September 2017. After two terms and 10 courses taken, my gpa is below 2.0 which is the required gpa to stay in university. Therefore, my student status at Capilano University right now is required to withdraw with a chance of readmission for 2019 Winter term. I have verified with university that I will be accepted into 2019 Winter term as I have all the requirements, but I must skip 2018 Fall term. My program length is two years, and I have passed 9/10 courses and I obviously want to finish the program at the stated school giving I have three more terms including Co-op. My question is, it is stated that
You aren’t eligible to apply for a PGWP if you:
studied for more than eight months but not continuously (for example, you took a semester off)

In this case, it can be said that I will be not studying consistently as I am skipping major Fall term and I will not receive PGWP after I complete my two years diploma program which is my goal. Then, how can I stay a full time student during Fall? I am thinking to get enrolled at some other post secondary schools for Fall, for example UBC EAP program which is full time program. However, will that work? As this course doesn't have any relation towards my major, it is just program for students who wish to learn English. Thank you so much for any help.