+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stents implanted..Will it cause a problem for canada student visa?

substandard

Oct 13, 2014
Hi,

I recently had an operation to have stents implanted into my arteries due to blockage which will show up in a simple ECG test.

Do you think that this can cause an issue for getting a visa for my forthcoming Phd applications to Canadian Universities?

Thanks for your inputs.
Justin.

substandard

Oct 13, 2014
friday.h said:
You will be fine. It's just a basic medical test(they don't do ECG) and what they look mostly are for chronic infections like Syphilis or HIV and that you don't have a major medical condition which may prevent you from studying or working(or whatever you are going to do in Canada).

I lost 2 days sleep researching about medical examination ;D

Good Luck!

Hello friday.h.

Thank you very much for the reply.

But I still have a question: are you completely sure that an ECG is not done as a matter of routine for study permit?

I am asking because a man whom I know well, went from India to Canada in 2013 to study there for a PhD. He was given an ECG test during the medical test in India, before he got the study permit and student visa.

During the medical test, he underwent an ECG as part of the process. Is it possible that they gave him the ECG because of his age (he is over 40), and he had a history of high blood pressure, and high cholesterol (even though both of these were under control with medication)?

His medical tests were normal, and he got the study permit.

My main concern is that in my case, I may denied a study permit for PhD studies in Canada, because I had a Myocardial Infarction (commonly called as heart attack) earlier this year, after which stents have been placed in my arteries in my heart. My health is quickly returning to normal, and I am easily able to do my normal day-to-day activities.

A simple ECG test on me will clearly show that I had a Myocardial Infarction, and I'm worried that this may lead to denial of study permit and student visa.

Please tell me what you feel, and once again, thank you for your replies.

substandard

Oct 13, 2014
Hi everyone,

Anyone have an answer regarding my concern?

Due to an operation to have stents implanted into my arteries because of blockage which will show up in a simple ECG test will this cause a problem for me to get admissions or visa for my Phd application?

Thanks
Justin.

samy909

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
i know this doesn't answer your question but im writing for information
I went through medicals last month.I don't think they have performed ecg test on me (i don't know how they do an ecg test).

After Blood & urine tests,Blood pressure,x-ray,eyesight check up . i was called by the main doctor and was asked to remove my shirt.He asked if i have any history of kidney or lung diseases.

He made some tapping sounds on my stomach with his fingers.Thats it

according to my research they only look for contagious diseases like TB,HIV and diseases which may cause burden on canadian government in future.

This person who is a senior member on the forum may answer your question .you can message scylla

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/scylla-u51365.html