+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STATUS OF MY APPLICATION

• Thread starter hbdaclan@yahoo.com
  • Start date
H

hbdaclan@yahoo.com

Is it possible to know any progress or status of my application for permanent recidency- family immigrant with the canadian embassy? Will it necessarily take 60 months approximately of the waiting to know? Thank you.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Most of that time is spent waiting in queue, so there's no progress for you to know about.

Towards the end of the 60 months, they'll begin processing your application and you'll start getting requests for documents.

Mar 13, 2008
In December 2007, I applied for Permanent Residency under the Skilled Worker category.

I was very disappointed to receive a letter from my Immigration Attorney two weeks ago informing me of this queue !.

"We are pleased to inform you that we have received Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) from the Canadian High Commission in London, England. The number assigned to your file is *************.

The letter states: “Please note that because of the volume of applications in process at this office, you should not expect to hear from us for 42-48 months.” "

When I appointed my Immigration Attorney to process my application, I was under the impression that the whole process would take 2 - 4 years but it now seems I will have to wait 4 years before my application form is even picked up !. :(

M S Chaudhry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2006
Do not worry and try to keep yourself busy in your professional and just forget the immigration process. You will have to wait for long time and show patience to win the case. One day suddenly you will find a positive response from the Canadian High Commission and probably at that time it will not be charming for you as you will be leading a busy and established life. Anyway GOOD LUCK.