+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
I don't know if I can be celebrating now or if it's too soon to call it a victory and it's just a mistake, but my PR card renewal status changed directly from "in process" to "complete" overnight. No "decision made" in between.

However, when I click on the link, the last step of the process is "We started working on your application on......."

Also, when I click on the explanation of the status of my application, neither of the situations described there apply to me:

- If your application was approved, you have received your permanent resident card. (I have not)

- Application Withdrawn (I did not withdraw it)

- Application Abandoned (I submitted extra documents 30 days after requested)

- Card Cancelled. Your permanent resident card will be cancelled if you do not pick it up within 180 days of receiving your first notice. (Doesn't apply to me)

Has anyone gone through this same situation in the past? Am I good to assume my card has been issued?

Thanks for your help!

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi Asa22,

Off the top of my head, around September 26th, but they got back to me requesting a bunch of other documents by the end of October which I was not able to fully provide. Since I'm traveling overseas next weekend, I gathered a bunch of documents that I thought prove my time spent in Canada, approx 150 pages, with an explanation of it all at the beginning and a break down of my trips and the stamps on my passport, and mailed it to the Sydney office on November 27, but I did not requested urgent processing.

Honestly I was mentally prepared to get a travel document overseas, but now I see the status of my application changed less than two weeks after I mailed the final paperwork and that gives me hope that I can get my PR Card before my trip.

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Yay!, well I guess I was worried about nothing. I just called the Call Centre and the agent told me my card was mailed on the 9th. I must say the reviewed my app very fast after I provided the extra documents. Fingers crossed I get it by the 18th of December!

Thanks for reading.