+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stage 2- Working Holiday Visa Application process HELP!

Nov 11, 2013
Hi there!

I have been helping my boyfriend with his working holiday visa for several months now...the first time we tried to apply we couldnt figure out how to go into the Mycic account to do the online application. We ended up mailing the whole visa application to Sydney (we are applying from Australia) who mailed it back to us and luckily we figured out how to apply online.

The bad thing is that we finally completed the application of stage 2 Oct 29 and last week on Friday they asked if we could upload a traffic history report. Luckily we knew this would happen and uploaded it right away.

Here is the bad thing: we fly into Canada November 27 and we are worried he will not still receive his visa by then. Our only option is to go to Canada and explain to customs we are just waiting on the visa to be approved. He has travel insurance, over 8,000 to support himself and I am Canadian and he will be staying with my family and I free of charge for his entire stay.

Has anyone had any experience getting through customs while they are in the waiting process of stage 2? Do you think we will have an easier time since he is staying with my family and I while in Canada?
If worse comes to worse would he have to cancel his working holiday visa and just go over as a tourist until we can get him on another visa like a relationship visa (we have been common law in Australia)?

I just dont want him to have problems getting into the country and if it means just cancelling the visa and going in as a tourist then we will have to, but if others have had success or know what we should do it would be great to hear from you. We are driving all the way to Sydney from Geelong tomorrow (9 hour drive) just to get answers since the website, email and the phone you cannot get through to anyone in at the Canadian office in Sydney about it.

Andrewgt

Nov 22, 2013
G'day I'm having the same issue I'm flying out the 28th of November and still waiting and I was asked for my traffic history on the same day as you, have you received you work permit yet?