+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

St.Clair's applicants

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Serendipity said:
Hi there,

Quick update on my timeline: last Friday I got a notice to appear and write the citizenship test this week on Friday February the 7th at Scarborough. Exciting!! :D
Congratulations! Good luck with the test.

Not sure if you saw my other topic, I had my test in January and will have my Oath in February :D All the best to you all!

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
Best of Luck. Keep us updated your test results and interview afterwards. Also let us know your oath date.

Hi again,

Done and done. The test was really easy; it was, as we all know, a multiple choice kind of test with two types of questions: 1) In the first type, you have to select the right answer out of 4 options (A,B,C,D). 2) In the second type, you select 'Yes' or 'No' (A,B).

Although you may finish really quickly - it took me just a few minutes to get it all done -, don't rush. This is not a race to see who finishes first. You have 30 minutes to answer the test, so take your time. After I was done, and despite the fact that there were people already leaving and going to the interview room, I reviewed my answers twice before turning the test in, which led me to correct one answer. Score: 20 right out of 20.

How did I study? I received the invitation to write the test last Friday, but only found it in my mail box the following day and started to study for it last Sunday. That is only 6 days to memorize the info contained in the book. My recommendation: DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU GET THE LETTER TO START STUDYING. I did apply myself and succeeded, but procrastinating comes at a cost - in my case that meant to sleep very little during the week as I also had lots of university homework. Ouch!

Now, besides reading the book twice, I did use several online free tests everyday, which made all the difference. Here are the main 4 sites I used:

http://www.toptipsclub.com/Citizenship_Test.asp

http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm?province=ON

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/

Absolutely, go to to those sites and practice. The value of using different sites is that in each one of them there are different questions, or the same questions formulated in a different manner, which keeps you sharp. Also, by using those online free tests not only you get to learn the answers to some of the most common questions, but also you learn the mechanics of the test.

As far as the interview, make sure you have all your paperwork with you, and DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE COPIES OF YOUR PASSPORTS. After the test, you go to the interview room where you wait until they call you up to verify your identity documents. The CIC officer then questions you about different topics, such as trips outside of the country, your current work situation, etc. The interview per se was very casual and quick in my case as I had all my paperwork ready. Also, I was very talkative - my wife says that I can talk people to sleep :) -, so it was pretty obvious that my English was good enough, which is really the purpose of the interview.

At the end of the very short interview, I was told that in a few days I would receive a letter in the mail inviting me to the Ceremony Oath, which should take place no later than March in the same facility. The whole thing was easy, breezy, peezy!!

Good luck to all and, once again, use the websites mentioned above to get ready for the test!

S. :)

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serendipity said:
Hi again,

Done and done. The test was really easy; it was, as we all know, a multiple choice kind of test with two types of questions: 1) In the first type, you have to select the right answer out of 4 options (A,B,C,D). 2) In the second type, you select 'Yes' or 'No' (A,B).

Although you may finish really quickly - it took me just a few minutes to get it all done -, don't rush. This is not a race to see who finishes first. You have 30 minutes to answer the test, so take your time. After I was done, and despite the fact that there were people already leaving and going to the interview room, I reviewed my answers twice before turning the test in, which led me to correct one answer. Score: 20 right out of 20.

How did I study? I received the invitation to write the test last Friday, but only found it in my mail box the following day and started to study for it last Sunday. That is only 6 days to memorize the info contained in the book. My recommendation: DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU GET THE LETTER TO START STUDYING. I did apply myself and succeeded, but procrastinating comes at a cost - in my case that meant to sleep very little during the week as I also had lots of university homework. Ouch!

Now, besides reading the book twice, I did use several online free tests everyday, which made all the difference. Here are the main 4 sites I used:

Absolutely, go to to those sites and practice. The value of using different sites is that in each one of them there are different questions, or the same questions formulated in a different manner, which keeps you sharp. Also, by using those online free tests not only you get to learn the answers to some of the most common questions, but also you learn the mechanics of the test.

As far as the interview, make sure you have all your paperwork with you, and DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE COPIES OF YOUR PASSPORTS. After the test, you go to the interview room where you wait until they call you up to verify your identity documents. The CIC officer then questions you about different topics, such as trips outside of the country, your current work situation, etc. The interview per se was very casual and quick in my case as I had all my paperwork ready. Also, I was very talkative - my wife says that I can talk people to sleep :) -, so it was pretty obvious that my English was good enough, which is really the purpose of the interview.

At the end of the very short interview, I was told that in a few days I would receive a letter in the mail inviting me to the Ceremony Oath, which should take place no later than March in the same facility. The whole thing was easy, breezy, peezy!!

Good luck to all and, once again, use the websites mentioned above to get ready for the test!

Congrats! I had mine on the 30th jan - same venue and still waiting for oath! Quick question - did they take the photocopies if your passport? I took mine with me but the interviewer never took the copy from me!

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
Congrats! I had mine on the 30th jan - same venue and still waiting for oath! Quick question - did they take the photocopies if your passport? I took mine with me but the interviewer never took the copy from me!
Yes he did!

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I took my test yesterday at St Claire and they told me that you should have oath letter within 2 weeks..I was so happy...

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bogazici10 said:
Hi guys,

I took my test yesterday at St Claire and they told me that you should have oath letter within 2 weeks..I was so happy...

Thats great! Did you submit any supporting documents with your application at time of submission?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serendipity said:
Hi again,

Congratulations! I would kindly like to know what all questions did the interviewer ask you?
Keep us updated regarding your oath date. Thank you.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
Congratulations! I would kindly like to know what all questions did the interviewer ask you?
Keep us updated regarding your oath date. Thank you.

Sure. It all started with a casual, "what's up" from the officer - true story -, who was a young man. He then told me the score of the test, and before he even asked I laid all my original documents on his desk - that is DL, health card, PR Card and passports along with photocopies - , after which he quickly picked them up and compared them with the photocopies I sent with the application. That took a couple of minutes, and the only questions were about any trips outside of Canada before submitting the citizenship application. After finishing with the documents he said, "and are you currently employed, or what do you do?". I told him that I am a grad student at such and such university and that was, pretty much, the end of it. He then told me that everything was OK, and that I would receive the Oath Ceremony invitation letter within the next couple of months. The whole thing took mere minutes - probably not even ten.

My case was simple and pretty straight forward, but if, for instance, you have made several trips outside of the country before submitting the application, have other family members in the application, etc., your interview will certainly take longer and you may be questioned more in depth. Also, one of the purposes of the interview is to test the applicant's communication skills in one of the two official languages, which in my case, I assume, was pretty obvious as I was quite "communicative" from the very beginning (I lived, worked and studied in the US for many years before moving to Canada, which clearly helped with the language requirement, but it is quite understandable that this may be challenging for some).

Good luck to all.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serendipity said:
Sure. It all started with a casual, "what's up" from the officer - true story -, who was a young man. He then told me the score of the test, and before he even asked I laid all my original documents on his desk - that is DL, health card, PR Card and passports along with photocopies - , after which he quickly picked them up and compared them with the photocopies I sent with the application. That took a couple of minutes, and the only questions were about any trips outside of Canada before submitting the citizenship application. After finishing with the documents he said, "and are you currently employed, or what do you do?". I told him that I am a grad student at such and such university and that was, pretty much, the end of it. He then told me that everything was OK, and that I would receive the Oath Ceremony invitation letter within the next couple of months. The whole thing took mere minutes - probably not even ten.

My case was simple and pretty straight forward, but if, for instance, you have made several trips outside of the country before submitting the application, have other family members in the application, etc., your interview will certainly take longer and you may be questioned more in depth. Also, one of the purposes of the interview is to test the applicant's communication skills in one of the two official languages, which in my case, I assume, was pretty obvious as I was quite "communicative" from the very beginning (I lived, worked and studied in the US for many years before moving to Canada, which clearly helped with the language requirement, but it is quite understandable that this may be challenging for some).

Good luck to all.

Thank you for your detail summary of your interview with the officer. Did the officer ask you questions about your life, study & work in the US?

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
Thank you for your detail summary of your interview with the officer. Did the officer ask you questions about your life, study & work in the US?
Yes, he did, but there was no in depth questioning about it, and quite possibly he simply got an interest on it because some of my documents were issued in the US. Clearly, the main concern was about trips made outside of Canada within the four years prior sending the application. That's nowadays, and as we all know, a hot potato here in Canuckland as CIC is proactively trying to catch people that have committed residence fraud (meaning, "people suspected of lying about their presence in Canada to keep their permanent resident status or to become Canadian"). So, if I were an applicant with lots of traveling outside of the country within the 4 years preceding the application, I would certainly be prepared to explain how this shouldn't disqualify me as an applicant - in all likelihood the agent will spend a good amount of time taking a look at both your passport(s) and your original application to verify that everything is fine).

Cheers

S.

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can not believe that they send 2nd Fingerprint Request again,
This is my timeline guys, my office is Scarborough center,

1) We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 10, 2012.

2) We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3) We started processing your application on October 25, 2012.

4) We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Received: May 10, 2012
Process application: Oct 25, 2012
Residence questionnaire: Nov 30, 2012
Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013
1st Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013
Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013
Text Exam: February 7, 2014
2nd Fingerprint Request: February 6,2014
2nd Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2014
Test: 55 St Claire Avenue East, 10th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M4T 1M2 Canada.

waiting oath ceremony...

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Quick update. I got the pink letter on Friday and can't stop smiling because of that! The Oath Ceremony day will be on the 27th of February, 2014.

Also, although my file was originally being processed at St. Clair, it's now been finalized at Scarborough which is where the Oath Ceremony will take place.

Good luck to all.

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow two requests? ... What is your country of origin bogazici10?

bogazici10 said:
I can not believe that they send 2nd Fingerprint Request again,
This is my timeline guys, my office is Scarborough center,

1) We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 10, 2012.

2) We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3) We started processing your application on October 25, 2012.

4) We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Received: May 10, 2012
Process application: Oct 25, 2012
Residence questionnaire: Nov 30, 2012
Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013
1st Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013
Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013
Text Exam: February 7, 2014
2nd Fingerprint Request: February 6,2014
2nd Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2014
Test: 55 St Claire Avenue East, 10th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M4T 1M2 Canada.

waiting oath ceremony...

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Serendipity said:
Hi all,

Quick update. I got the pink letter on Friday and can't stop smiling because of that! The Oath Ceremony day will be on the 27th of February, 2014.

Also, although my file was originally being processed at St. Clair, it's now been finalized at Scarborough which is where the Oath Ceremony will take place.

Good luck to all.

Congrats!! That's quick :) Did u the RQ?