+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse sponsorship

fethi22

Nov 6, 2017
Hello everyone
first sorry for my english im french but will try to explain my problem in english.
I have a problem with my sponsorship for my wife, i send all documents for that but immigration send it back to me twice for same raison, they make me crazy cause i don't have the missing documents.
the two documents missing on IMM5533 section 7-e,

Provide at least 2 of the following (check which items you are providing):

1-Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or insurance benefits)
2-Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses.
3-Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media information showing a public relationship, etc.).

i dont have this documents cause we don't live together or have anything togethers, no bank account no insurance benefits, i don't financial support her cause she live with there family...

so please any one can give me what can i do a this point please.

thank you.

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Your family and friends can write support letters verifying you have a genuine marriage. You can show copies of Facebook pages that may publicly show you are husband and wife.....whatsapp conversations, emails, correspondance with each other etc etc etc. I submitted all off there things and didn't have problem.

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
I'm sorry your application has been returned twice. That must be extremely frustrating!

I agree with with faithey, you really have to provide as many documents as you can for number 3. Any Facebook posts you are tagged in together, or if you've posted on each others walls, or chatted through messenger etc- print it all out. Any other social media that you use? Twitter, instagram etc?

Definitely get letters from your family and hers, as well as friends that can vouch you are married. Just give them as much as you can so they have no reason to doubt that you're not in a legitimate marriage.

As for number 2, have you ever sent money to one another? e-transfers or bank transfers? When you got married how were the finances taken care of? Do you have financial ties?

As for number 1, do you have any current insurance? e.g. life insurance? or even a pension? You could list your wife a beneficiary (spouse). It's probably a good idea to do it anyway as you're married, but then just submit those documents which recognize that she is your spouse. Another idea is to have your Wills drawn up and list each other as a spouse.

Hope that helps!

fethi22

Nov 6, 2017
thank you for your replay to me
I already send Facebook page that show we are married together, and some correspondence from Facebook and Viber. So i think they want something else like joint bank or insurance benefits...,
can you give me a example for family or friends letters ?

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Yep, they want more. If it's been returned twice, you really need to look into getting more documents to prove your marriage. You need to provide documents from at least 2 of the 3 categories above, and thus far you only have 1. Look into getting life insurance and making your wife a beneficiary, or even drawing up a Will (which is a legal document) stating your wife is your spouse. There are lots of options and most married people have these.

Re letters: You just ask our family and friends to write letters attesting that you are in a genuine relationship/marriage. They can verify when you met, when you rewedding was, activities they've done with you etc. It helps having your parents write a letter that they've met your wife and vice versa. They sign it and give it you and you include it in your application.

fethi22

Nov 6, 2017
Thank you to everyone who replay to my thread, i will try to follow your advices, and hope they will accept my sponsorship this time.
thank you