+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship

Rajian

Aug 3, 2016
Dear All,

My daughter, a PR, is getting married on 03.12.2016 and is moving to Canada to finally settle down after marriage. Her PR is valid till May' 2017 but we all have been allowed entry on the H & C conditions. She will be looking for a job initially and then will take admission in some course to update herself. She wants to sponsor her husband, who is in India, immediately after reaching Canada.

We went through various related posts, documents and forms as suggested by esteemed members.

My queries are :

1. How soon can she start the procedure after reaching Canada ?

2. Certain forms have to be filled by my son-in-law also while she will also be filling some. Has she to submit all the forms locally in Toronto or they have to submitted in CHC, Delhi ?

3. As she will be starting fresh in Canada and looking for a job, does it hamper the process of spouse sponsorship for want of funds ?

4. Does she has to show some certain funds in Canada to start the process of spouse sponsorship for want of funds ?

5. If she has to show certain amount in account, how much ?

6. Can she carry the same from Delhi, declare it at the Immigration at Toronto and put in in her account ?

I will be highly thankful for the wonderful advises.

Warm regards,

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hi,
i'd suggest you make your way over to the family class sponsorship board on this forum. you will find a lot of answers to your questions and lots of information about the process, specific to new dehli. please do not double post on multiple threads, members do not appreciate it. here are some answers to get you started:

1. i'm not clear when your daughter received PR and how. assuming she meets the residency obligations for her pr and has settled in canada, she can submit her application as soon as she has all the paperwork filled out and ready to go. there is no wait time for filing the application.
2. both the applicant's application, the sponsor's application and all relationship validity proof get sent together in 1 package to mississauga. Mississauga will review the package for completeness and will process the sponsor's application. once the sponsor is approved, CIC will then internally transfer the package to the appropriate visa office abroad. so your son in law will need to send his paperwork to his wife and she will need to send it all together per the instructions in the application guide.
3. no, there is no income requirement for spousal sponsorship and the sponsor is not required to be employed. it is your wife and son in law's responsibility to show how they will support themselves financially in canada without taking welfare. this can be through savings, part time work and or support from other family members.
4. no. see above answer. there is a tax document requirement though. the first step is reading the guide carefully to familiarize what is required.
5.no. see above.
6. sure, i don't see why she wouldn't be able to transfer her money to the country she plans to live in. she has legal resident status, so she can certainly keep money in the bank.

again, please go to the family class sponsorship thread and also look for the spousal sponsorship application, guide and checklists on the CIC website. here is a new dehli thread to get you started:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-ndvo-2016-spousal-sponsorship-outside-canada-t390498.0.html