+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse PR expired

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
hello All,

My spouse PR card will expired next month.
She stayed here for one year only and have to leave. I understand that in order to renew the PR you should stay atleast 2 out of the 5 years. she is not coming anytime soon and she will not get the 2 years thing.
So what option I am left with?
I am still on PR (hopefully soon will get the citizenship).

Any suggestion are welcome and hope help others that are in the same situation.

Thank you all ;)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she is not returning to Canada and has no humanitarian grounds why she can't stay in Canada, it would be best that she doesn't apply for anything at this point.

You should get your citizenship. After you get it, you can leave Canada, stay with your spouse for 2 years and she would meet the RO again and you could apply for her travel document, go to Canada and renew her PR card. The other option would be apply for a PR travel document sooner which would be refused and she would lose her PR. You could then sponsor her again. However, if she doesn't want to live in Canada, it would be a waste of money to sponsor her at this point.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Leon said:
If she is not returning to Canada and has no humanitarian grounds why she can't stay in Canada, it would be best that she doesn't apply for anything at this point.

You should get your citizenship. After you get it, you can leave Canada, stay with your spouse for 2 years and she would meet the RO again and you could apply for her travel document, go to Canada and renew her PR card. The other option would be apply for a PR travel document sooner which would be refused and she would lose her PR. You could then sponsor her again. However, if she doesn't want to live in Canada, it would be a waste of money to sponsor her at this point.
thanl you Leon..will take that into considration