Visa Office......
EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct. 1st 2017
Hey there,

So, I applied for an OWP last year while accompanying my wife for her Master's degree program for a year.
We all applied from our back home country at the sam time through her CIC profile.
And that included a visitor visa for our 2 years old daughter.

Now she graduated and she applied for PGWP and I applied for OWP extending and a visitor extending for our daughter theough the same process and the same CIC profile.
We applied one month ago and the waiting times says we still have at least 2 month to wait.

However, my concern is that there is a guy told me this:
" You should note that if your OWP was based on your spouse's study permit, you will not be issued a another OWP work permit until your spouse receives a PGWP and is working in a NOC A, B or O job. You would then need to submit a copy of the job description from the employer and 3 pay slips. "

How acurate is that?
And does that mean my application is gonna be refused?
I already have a B type full time job and I attached my letter of employment in my letter of explanation!

Please advice!

Thanks

Mj1122

Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct. 1st 2017
So it says the same thing!
But I already applied! And I already have a full time job!
Does that mean my application is gonna be refused and I'm gonna have to leave Canada?

My current OWP expires on Nov. 30 2017

We also just opened a profile on the Express Entry, out current score is 425 if that helps in any way!

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
So it says the same thing!
But I already applied! And I already have a full time job!
Does that mean my application is gonna be refused and I'm gonna have to leave Canada?

My current OWP expires on Nov. 30 2017

We also just opened a profile on the Express Entry, out current score is 425 if that helps in any way!
Does your spouse have a job in NOC 0, A or B?

Mj1122

Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct. 1st 2017
No not yet, she's looking for a job.

But in case she gets one, what can we do?
I can't update my submitted application.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
No not yet, she's looking for a job.

But in case she gets one, what can we do?
I can't update my submitted application.
if she doesnt have one yet, its most likely your application will be refused. If she finds a job before her PGWP application is processed, you can use a case specific enquiry webform to add the needed documents:
her offer letter
3 pay stubs
proof that job is in NOC 0,A or B

Mj1122

Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct. 1st 2017
So even if she finds a job, we are gonna have to wait for almost two months to gather these 3 Pay slips!
Which probably gonna be after the CIC make a decision for our applications.

So then, if my application gets refused, I'll be able to apply for a visitor visa right?
And then, I'll have to leave my job immediately or do i have a specific period to hand the work over?

Thanks

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
So even if she finds a job, we are gonna have to wait for almost two months to gather these 3 Pay slips!

So then, if my application gets refused, I'll be able to apply for a visitor visa right?
And then, I'll have to leave my job immediately or do i have a specific period to hand the work over?

Thanks
if CIC makes a decision and its a refusal, yes you would have to stop working immediately. as for handing over, it will depend on the policies of your employer.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks
Prior to your current work permit expiring, you would need to apply to change your status to visitor. You must stop working as soon as your work permit expires.

Mj1122

Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct. 1st 2017
So, guys, I need to figure this out!

My OWP expires on Nov. 30, 2017
I already applied to extend it one month ago, but it's gonna take at least two more months to be processed.
I attached to my application a letter of employment for my current full-time job; I hope that is gonna support my application!

However, there is a high chance that my wife will get a type A or B job in 2-3 weeks, she's interviewing for couple positions. So, in case she gets a job, I'm thinking to wait for her first pay slip and then send a copy of it with a letter of employment through specific inquiry webform.
I'm not gonna wait for three pay slips because we might run out of time. Do you think that would work? And is the specific inquiry webform a fast way? Our applications are online, so would that work?

Also, I need to be prepared in case my application gets refused!
If it gets refused after my current status expires what should I do? Should I leave Canada immediately? Or I'll have a chance to apply to change my status from OWP to a visitor?
I need to make sure not to overstay my visa as we already opened an EE profile, and I don't want this to affect anything if we get an ITA!

Thank you for your help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I already applied to extend it one month ago, but it's gonna take at least two more months to be processed.
I attached to my application a letter of employment for my current full-time job; I hope that is gonna support my application!
Why did you apply when you didn't qualify? Your letter of employment means nothing. OWPs are granted in very specific circumstances and yours is entirely dependent on your wife's situation.

However, there is a high chance that my wife will get a type A or B job in 2-3 weeks, she's interviewing for couple positions. So, in case she gets a job, I'm thinking to wait for her first pay slip and then send a copy of it with a letter of employment through specific inquiry webform.
I'm not gonna wait for three pay slips because we might run out of time. Do you think that would work? And is the specific inquiry webform a fast way? Our applications are online, so would that work?
No one can say whether IRCC will accept only one payslip or whether the documents will even end up attached to the application.

Also, I need to be prepared in case my application gets refused!
If it gets refused after my current status expires what should I do? Should I leave Canada immediately? Or I'll have a chance to apply to change my status from OWP to a visitor?
I need to make sure not to overstay my visa as we already opened an EE profile, and I don't want this to affect anything if we get an ITA!
As I already said, apply to change your status to visitor before your current work permit expires to prevent going out of status.

Freddy143

Mar 30, 2018
Hi guys ,My wife just finished her studies and she is working in a b level job and she wants to add me for the work permit so does she need to have a b level job with median wage which says in job bank or minimum wage should do ? Need help noc 1241

Freddy143

Mar 30, 2018
Hi guys ,My wife just finished her studies and she is working in a b level job and she wants to add me for the work permit so does she need to have a b level job with median wage which says in job bank or minimum wage should do ? Need help noc 1241

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It doesn't matter what her wage is.