+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse ECA gets Extra points????

caddr

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes...if you want to claim points for your spouse education and language abilities, you must get ECA and ielts respectively else you will not be able to claim points for both i.e. Education and language ability of spouse.....

Have a look at the link.... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
mbprajapati said:
if spouse has work experience, do one need to provide job letter? does spouse work experience count?
yes, it counts and if you claim points for your spouse work experience, you need to submit the experience and reference letter of your spouse.

pkshaji

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16 DEC 2016
AOR Received.
11 JAN 2017
Passport Req..
11 APR 2017
mbprajapati said:
if spouse has work experience, do one need to provide job letter? does spouse work experience count?
Only Language skills ( with exam scores like IELTS ) and Education ( with ECA done by WES or similar agencies) would give the points.

Work experience of the spouse wont count ( unless Canadian work experience). If there is work experience of the spouse gives you score, then reference letters are necessary.

samgrace375

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
pkshaji said:
Only Language skills ( with exam scores like IELTS ) and Education ( with ECA done by WES or similar agencies) would give the points.

Work experience of the spouse wont count ( unless Canadian work experience). If there is work experience of the spouse gives you score, then reference letters are necessary.
so if spouse has not done work in canada it wont count but do we need to mention n provide references if work exp outside canada?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
samgrace375 said:
so if spouse has not done work in canada it wont count but do we need to mention n provide references if work exp outside canada?
if the spouse's work experience is not in Canada you can choose to move his/her work experience to personal history section. However, if you list her experience in work experience section then you have to provide reference letters irrespective of whether you are claiming points for it.

samgrace375

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
vishalg said:
if the spouse's work experience is not in Canada you can choose to move his/her work experience to personal history section. However, if you list her experience in work experience section then you have to provide reference letters irrespective of whether you are claiming points for it.
so if I understand you correctly, in this case I am the secondary applicant and wife is the primary and I am not gaining any points for my work as I have work experience only in India, If I mention my work experience in the personal history section then too I need to provide reference for the same.

Regards,
Sam

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
samgrace375 said:
so if I understand you correctly, in this case I am the secondary applicant and wife is the primary and I am not gaining any points for my work as I have work experience only in India, If I mention my work experience in the personal history section then too I need to provide reference for the same.

Regards,
Sam
for any experience quoted in personal history, CIC will not ask for supporting documents.
Since you do not have any work experience in Canada you can move your experience from 'work experience' section to ' personal history' section.