Spouse Additional Documents Extension?

allthebest90

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi, I have an in-progress application under EE-Inland and I'm planning to get married around January 2018 in my home country.

I understand I should be able to add my spouse under my application and I have considered the possibility of receiving a PPR request between now and January 2018 but it should not be of much concern because as far as I know IRCC accommodates extensions on a case-to-case basis (they ask this on the PPR email).

My problem is with the amount of time they provide for my spouse's additional documents (7 days as I see from other threads in the forum). An official marriage certificate from my home country would need at least 1-2 months to process (Yes, brutal) which would make it impossible for me to submit that within a 7-day timeframe.

My question is, would I be able to request for an extension for providing these additional documents? Or would they consider other proof of the marriage such as a Certified Marriage Contract, Pictures, etc.?

I have already sent an email to CPC Ottawa where my application is being processed but I'm yet to receive a response.