+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Processing Timeline!

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hello Everyone,

My family (wife and two sons) has recently got their legal status accepted. I'm left outside of Canada in my home country. i was wondering how long does it take to get PR for us all? is there a sort of prioritization to a situation like ours? according to CIC timeline calculations it usually takes up to one year. Is that the only way we should go through or any other fast track so as to meet again with my family?

Your advice is highly appreciated

Thanks in advance,
Hemin

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
How did your wife and sons apply? Are they Citizens or did they receive Permanent Residence themselves?

If they applied for and received Permanent Residence; did they include you as a (non-accompanying) family member on their application?

Family class is the highest priority for IRCC PR applications, and 80% of these applications will be processed within 12 months. Many people on these boards are waiting to be with their families so we feel your frustration with how long it takes; but it is the timeline for the process at the moment. I can't think of a scenario based on what you describe that would make your application have any more priority than everyone else waiting to be with their family.

Keep in mind, though, that 12 months is a target, and there are many cases that get handled in less time. Some people are landing in less than 6 months.

Reactions: hemin979

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Actually my family got refugee status recently. Now they're waiting for their approval docs from Immigration and them apply for PR. Yes they included me as a non-accompanying family member in their app. Also the lawyer has said that we all of us can apply for PR the same day we get our status approval by mail.
If it's like so, it's a great news that some cases were handled in less that the time suggested. Is there any other action your advice me to take?

Thanks a million :)

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I'm not at all familiar with refugee status applications so maybe someone else can help you here with advice.
I don't know whether or not that will speed things up any further, either.

Reactions: hemin979