+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring parents PR in Quebec

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
I am planning to sponsor my parents PR in 2018 and have a doubt about "financial capacity evaluation".

From following URL:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/financial-standards/index.html

"You must demonstrate that you have, over the past twelve months and will continue to have at your disposal sufficient financial resources for the duration of the undertaking."

I have Canadian PR but I am currently living in US and planning to move to Montreal this month (Dec 2017). So, my 2017 NOA would have almost zero income (I checked with CRA/tax-consultant that my US income before I move to Canada wouldn't be reported on Canadian tax return). However, I would have good paying job in Canada and by the time I would have to submit my financial documents, I would have earned sufficient income from Canadian sources to meet the required income in Quebec in past 12 months.

Would it be fine from "financial capacity evaluation" perspective in Quebec, to have ~$0 on last year NOA (tax-returns), and have sufficient salary from job in past 12 months?