+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my wife while living outside of Canada

aiman.b

Nov 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately and after waiting for 11 months, I got my first application returned stating that I chose the wrong category when submitted my online application (PA living inside Canada).

My wife and I have just made up our minds that we cannot live apart anymore (18 months in total) esp after having a new baby on board and that we will be submitting our application while I (the sponsor) live with them (PA and little one) outside Canada

A bit of myself:
Been a Canadian citizen since 2019.
Had a decent job in Canada that I am in the process of resigning
The citizenship certificate application of the little one was submitted this month (the processing time is quite long)

I read the IRCC rules in this regard, it allows to start the process while living with my wife outside of Canada. Just wanted clarification regarding a few things please esp from ppl who have already been into this:

1. how long does the process take from outside?

2. Examples of evidence of intent to return to Canada once we get the approval. Things I have in hand
A.job offer (can get a letter from my prev company stating that they are happy to get me back once I am in Canada).
B. Place to rent
C. letters from parents, and friends to support that
Anything else you would to add or enlighten me on to make the application stronger?

Thank you