+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
Hello Everyone
I have some news. My husband was at the visa office this morning to bring them his receipt. Although he did not get to talk to a visa officer the security officer did go to talk to them for him. They told him everything is good. The security officer told him that not to worry about anything and that the timeframe that he has been seeing after the interview is between 20 days and 1 month on average that people have been picking up their visa. He told him just to wait a little bit longer and he should have his call. He was also speaking to two men there that were actually picking up their visas today. One man waited 15 days after his interview and the other man was 1 month. So thats pretty close to what the security told my husband. I hope it gives hope to all of you that had your interviews that you will be reunited soon.

Take Care
Kelly

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
That's great information Kelly!! It seems in line with what we're hearing from other people who already went through this process.

This forum has been SOOOO helpful. Thanks to everyone for sharing info!

Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Kelly, such good news!
I was just talking to my son-in-law on Messenger, and I wish I had read your comment before I talked to him. I just emailed him and my daughter to tell them of your great news! I'm thinking that he might get his visa while she is there. This is wonderful!
- Penny

Mornie

Jun 10, 2007
This is great! Thank you so much Kelly. I had been checking the forum everyday to see if Abdel heard from the embassy. This forum has made the wait more bearable. Thank you so much guys.

Mornie

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
Hello Everyone
Noureddine had a great long talk to the security at the visa office. They were more helpful then the visa officers them selves. The security man worked there for years and he said from his experience its from 20 days to 1 month. All of us had our interview just days apart and some on the same day. I expect as soon as one of us here something it will keep going and we will all hear to go pick up the visa. I really cant wait. I wish everyone good luck and we will all be together so soon. Its good we all have each other to share our information. Thanks so much.

Kelly

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello Everyone

omg ,very good news kelly thank you so much ,this great news make me feel good
yesterday i read your message but i dont had time to answer you,all yesterday and today ,from time to time i look at my mobile phone like a crazy man hahahahahahaha ,and all the time i think that the embassy will call me in any minute
really all we have in this time hope and each other like tracy said
the first day when i found the forum with just one message from lady penny i was very happy to answer her and share information,but now we are a real small family ,every one think in the other
before it was hard for me to share ideas with people coz no one can understand me ,now hamdoullah we understand and feel each other
thank you for every one
abdel

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
To everyone,
Abdel, I feel the same way. It's been wonderful having everyone here to share our thoughts and feelings. Only people going through what we are going through, could understand it. We have met great people here and I do hope one day that we will all meet in person. Thanks everyone for all your help and good wishes.
- Lady Penny

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hello Everyone;

I'm curious - this is to the other 4 couples waiting to hear back from the Embassy (Penny - you're counted as one of the "couples")...

Has anyone booked their air ticket yet? I know no one knows for certain when we'll hear from the Embassy - but we have a bit of an idea... I was checking prices on Expedia and flights are quoted around $1,700 Cdn (yikes!) in July/August. It also doesn't look much cheaper for a one way ticket.

Penny - is your daughter in Morocco yet? She must be going soon...

Tomorrow will be day 18 since Rachid's interview - hope to hear news in the next week or two.

Tracy

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
Hi Tracy
I would not book the ticet right now. I know that air maroc has good deals on now. Last week you could fly to montreal from casablanca for only 150 canadian. That was a great deal. Now for the rest of the summer they have a deal that pay full fair for one ticket and get the other ticket free. I dont know why they are having such good deals I wish it was like that last year. And all the time I travelled back and forth. We are going to wait to book his ticket untill he gets his visa. Another good site to book tickets is cheaptickets.ca thats where I always booked my tickets. And if he flew into montreal on air maroc and then booked another ticket on air canada to where ever you live its cheapter that way to. I hope we all hear some news this week or next. Noureddine misses his first fathers day with our son. Good luck to everyone. Penny is your daughter in morocco now how long will she be there. I am thinking about making another trip very soon.

Take Care
Kelly

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hi Kelly;

Thanks for the info - I guess its a bittersweet day today as it is Father's Day. Soon father and son will be reunited...

I think we will have to find out where he must clear immigration upon arriving in Canada. He might have to do that in Vancouver - as he will be residing in BC. This may be determined when the Embassy issues his PR card. I'm not sure - if someone knows anything about this out there that would be very helpful. I might post something about this on the Settlement Issues forum...

Yes - I should clarify - the $1,700 quote was from Marrakech to Vancouver.

Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Hi,
Thanks Tracy for including me with the couples! lol
Yes, I agree with Kelly. It's best to wait until your husbands get their visas, because you aren't sure of the dates yet. I used Orbitz.com to book our tickets for our trip last January. I found it the cheapest at that time. Orbitz and Cheaptickets are part of the same company. For my daughters ticket this time, she used Cheaptickets. I'm not sure but I think it's like Tango and Air Canada. Expedia, I find very expensive. The same flight costs much less on Cheaptickets.
My goodness I wish we could get a flight from Casa to Montreal for $199.00. I've been checking Royal Air Maroc because of the convenience of flying directly to Canada from Maroc, and the prices range from $670 to $1225 depending on the month and day of travel. For some reason a couple of days in the same month are cheaper than others. I am planning to fly from either Hamilton or Toronto to Montreal and meeting our Rachid there, and then flying on with him to Winnipeg.
My daughter leaves for Maroc next Tuesday, the 26th. She flies from Winnipeg to Calgary, to London, and then on to Casa. We flew the other way. She met us in Toronto, and then we flew to London, and then to Casa. The fare must be awfully expensive from Vancouver isn't it? Which way will your husband come Tracy?
Well I guess this is it for now.
Beslama,
Penny

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Hi again,
Sorry I misread your comment. $150 to fly to Maroc? Wow! Great fare. Was this on the Royal Air Maroc website?
Re clearing immigration. Your husbands will do that in the first Canadian city they land. I asked that question elsewhere on this forum. Also, speaking to someone who just emigrated to Canada, also on this forum, allow for 2 1/2 hrs. - 3 hrs. between connecting flights. Depending on how busy they are will of course determine how long it will take to get through the line for customs and immigration. This person also said, which I didn't know, that it wasn't only people new to Canada in this line, but any returning permanent residents.
Hope this helps,
-Penny

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Just a thought!
I think we should all get a group discount with Royal Air Maroc! I wish I still worked for Air Canada, then I could get a free pass. Darn!
- Penny

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
Hello
To get the cheap flights from royal air maroc you actually have to go through one of their agencys. The husbands in morocco can go to a local air maroc agency and ask about it. My husband said it was on there local tv.

Kelly