+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring English Husband

Faith060614

Jun 17, 2014
Hello there,

I am not sure which way would be the best to sponsor my husband. I am here in Canada and I am in the process of sponsoring him from the UK but I don't want to be away from him. I am worried it will take longer then 11 months for him to come over. I have been considering apply for a spousal UK visa and then sponsoring him from England.

Is anyone else going through this at the moment? Are case is pretty simple but everything is very intimidating and I have read some horror stories of applications taking allot longer then 11 months.

Thanks so much,

Faith

Nltocan

Jul 9, 2014
The Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2015
I'm Canadian (citizen) as well and my husband is Dutch so pretty much the same rules apply. Since he wouldn't have been able to work had we applied inland (while in Canada) and he's the main bread winner we've decided to do an Outland application and we're living in Holland while our application is being processed. Living apart wasn't an option for us since we have a young child and another babe on the way. I hear pretty positive things about the London visa office though so if you have a cut & dry case it should go pretty quickly (though it's never quick enough eh?)

At least you don't have to apply via Vienna like us! Current processing times are min of 14 months :-/

Good luck!

PS: you can still apply Outland through London VO and have your husband with you in Canada on a visit visa as long as UK was his main residence in the past 2 ish years... Mind you he won't be able to work unless he scores a work permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Nltocan said:
At least you don't have to apply via Vienna like us! Current processing times are min of 14 months :-/
Posted processing times aren't averages or minimums. They are how long it took to process 80% of apps.

If you look at the published data set, it show that 50% of apps in Vienna are done within 9 months, with 20% actually being finished in 6 months.

http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset/427337d0-7c36-4fed-8428-c6a63f8c19b3

Nltocan

Jul 9, 2014
The Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2015
You're right, and I like it.

Though to save myself from holding my breath too long I keep reminding myself it'll likely take 14 months. I don't have the kind of luck that would put us in the 9 month category but happy to be pleasantly surprised! :D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Nltocan said:
You're right, and I like it.

Though to save myself from holding my breath too long I keep reminding myself it'll likely take 14 months. I don't have the kind of luck that would put us in the 9 month category but happy to be pleasantly surprised! :D
A quick look through your previous posts shows you guys have a fairly straightforward app, so you should go through close to the average.