Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi! My question is this...have anybody heard of any cases where a sponsor got rejected to sponsor their spouse just because of being unemployed. Our situation is this. My husband is Canadian sitizen, never been on welfare, no bankruptcy etc, is a skilled pipefitter with a college diploma but for the last two years he hasn't been working so he could stay in Ukraine with me as much as Ukraine visa rules were allowing him to stay so he didn't work and used his savings and also we had a great support of his parents. Now he lives at his parents house bills and rent free but we got a dilemma...he could find a job but he'd have to move to another city because the town where he lives now is really small and there's not much job for him. But if he does move somewhere else it would take time for him to settle down there before we can apply and it might take a couple months. Or we could apply with him being unemployed and his mother would write a letter promising us financial support, free accommodation for as long as we needed and so on and also include his employment plan. I got a Bachelors degree( Finances) and speak English so I could mention that I'm instantly going to look for work too, even its just a retail job. So I was wondering what are our chances of him being approved if we go with the second option and applying with my husband still being unemployed...sure we could wait for a couple months more till he settles in the new city and gets a job but this waiting is really frustrating now considering that we now filled pretty much all the forms and got almost everything ready and it's really hard to wait now....so any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Hi! My question is this...have anybody heard of any cases where a sponsor got rejected to sponsor their spouse just because of being unemployed. Our situation is this. My husband is Canadian sitizen, never been on welfare, no bankruptcy etc, is a skilled pipefitter with a college diploma but for the last two years he hasn't been working so he could stay in Ukraine with me as much as Ukraine visa rules were allowing him to stay so he didn't work and used his savings and also we had a great support of his parents. Now he lives at his parents house bills and rent free but we got a dilemma...he could find a job but he'd have to move to another city because the town where he lives now is really small and there's not much job for him. But if he does move somewhere else it would take time for him to settle down there before we can apply and it might take a couple months. Or we could apply with him being unemployed and his mother would write a letter promising us financial support, free accommodation for as long as we needed and so on and also include his employment plan. I got a Bachelors degree( Finances) and speak English so I could mention that I'm instantly going to look for work too, even its just a retail job. So I was wondering what are our chances of him being approved if we go with the second option and applying with my husband still being unemployed...sure we could wait for a couple months more till he settles in the new city and gets a job but this waiting is really frustrating now considering that we now filled pretty much all the forms and got almost everything ready and it's really hard to wait now....so any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!
--------------------------

there is no minimum threshold required to sponsor just a spouse. that being said, as he has been unemployed for the past two years and living in a foreign country, he would not have notice of assessments from the past two years to show either. As the sponsor evaluation asks for what the sponsor has done for the past 5 years, that could show them that he was working when he was here in Canada. The best thing to do is to provide as much support in terms of paperwork as possible- provide all the notice of assessments from the past 5 years and explain why you cannot provide the current NOAs, show how much savings he has currently, have his parents write a letter saying something along the line of - we are willing to support our son and our daughter in law in terms of residence and help.. blah blah blah... I was unemployed while starting the sponsorship process but I was approved as a sponsor. It just depends on how much evidence you provide in support and also remember that there is no minimum threshold in terms of money to sponsor a spouse- so that is not a reason to disapprove your spouse in the first place.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
--------------------------

there is no minimum threshold required to sponsor just a spouse. that being said, as he has been unemployed for the past two years and living in a foreign country, he would not have notice of assessments from the past two years to show either. As the sponsor evaluation asks for what the sponsor has done for the past 5 years, that could show them that he was working when he was here in Canada. The best thing to do is to provide as much support in terms of paperwork as possible- provide all the notice of assessments from the past 5 years and explain why you cannot provide the current NOAs, show how much savings he has currently, have his parents write a letter saying something along the line of - we are willing to support our son and our daughter in law in terms of residence and help.. blah blah blah... I was unemployed while starting the sponsorship process but I was approved as a sponsor. It just depends on how much evidence you provide in support and also remember that there is no minimum threshold in terms of money to sponsor a spouse- so that is not a reason to disapprove your spouse in the first place.
Thank you very much! My husband did fill the recent tax return though( showing zero income) just so we could get that option c thing or NOA because we read on the forum that an option c can also indicate that my husband weren't receiving any welfare that's why he did it. But we will collect all the other proofs that we can get such as letters of support and so on and it's really awesome to hear that everything turned out good for you and you got approved as a sponsor. Thanks for replying, it's really appreciated!

Reactions: sp121212