+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Special Needs Child

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Dear Ramesch,

Please keep us posted and let me know Sir if there is any good news you have recived. Good luck to you again sir.

Ramesch

Apr 26, 2009
Furtherance Medical Call for son

Dear Sir.

again, i received furtherance (re-repeat) medical call for my son from Dehli on 04-05-2010 (letter issued on 22-04-2010). It says that '' repeat pediatric consult: For development assessment after 06 months''. Our initial medicals are done on 24-10-2009 and repeat medical of son done on 04-01-2010. So, now 06 months completes on 04-07-2010.

I went to DMP on 06-05-2010 and he said to come on 4th July 2010.

So, now in this case, ''1 square equals to 1''.

Have you any idea in this situation? Does your child or Mr. Jaleel's child also went thru medicals thrice? If yes what was the outcome? What was the time difference between each medicals? Plz share your experience.....

Moreover, kindly guide me about rehab. of my son. Now he is 10 months old. He cannot sit yet but only can hold his head. I asked the Dr. whether Physiotherapy can be started for achieve various milestones like sitting, grabbing things, walking etc. But Dr is saying 'NO' whereas Physiotherapist at a very reputable hospital is saying that 'it is must for my son and it should be started right now'.

Kindly share your experience and word of advise as well

Deep Regards,

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Dear Sir,

I was on a Umrah trip and joined work only today. With regards to the issue of further tests, that is the 3rd time, I do not know any one else who has gone through this. However, I have also been advised to go for further tests for my child. i will mail you a copy of the letter sent to me. It insists on a Physcological test. I am; to say the least; shocked that the DMP has asked you to come on the 4th of July, thats a very long waiting period.

Now on a personal note and important one. Weather we go through this or not, your childs health is of paramount importance. the best thing for DS children is Early Intervention. Any person/doctor who suggest that DS children do not need any therapies is outright nonsense. EI has worked and is the most and highly recommened thing for children with Special Needs. I have taken my child for Physio, Speech and occupational therpay since she was 5 months. I would strongly suggest you to start this. Only after intense Physio therpies my daughter started walking and now she runs, albiet, not like a athelete :) but still good enough. Sir, Again, I cannot emphasize enough the importance of Early Intervention. Please go ahead with it and join any support group for DS children in Pakistan who would help you and guide you further.

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Dear Ramesch,

I have got further medicals booked for the 30th of May. can you tell me why your DMP asks you to come only after July?

us2alb

Jul 10, 2010
Hi,

Recently we had a premature baby. He is in hospital from past 1 month and need be there for 2 more months. I am waiting for the medicals request from CIC. I am worrying that my baby will fail medical tests because of the weight, height or prematurity . Does any one have idea?

Thanks.

patmaxx

Jan 25, 2012
Dear Qorax,

I too am a mother of a 9 year old Down Syndrome child and I am based in dubai. please can you email me the contacts of similar case of parents who have been granted Canadian Immigration so i can touch base with them.

We had applied in 2001 under the skilled category. We applied 2 years before my daughter was born, however our immigration was rejected in 2005 without any specific reason.

My email patmaxx@gmail.com

Appreciate to hear from you. Thanks

lankanatha

Sep 14, 2023
My daughter, who is 10 years old, has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Despite our efforts, we've faced challenges finding suitable therapies and assistance to address her behavioral and language difficulties. I've heard that Canada offers excellent support and resources for individuals with ASD, and I'm considering applying for a temporary resident permit to seek better treatment for my child. Could you please provide information on whether it's possible to apply for a temporary resident permit for medical assistance in Canada, and if so, what the application process?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My daughter, who is 10 years old, has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Despite our efforts, we've faced challenges finding suitable therapies and assistance to address her behavioral and language difficulties. I've heard that Canada offers excellent support and resources for individuals with ASD, and I'm considering applying for a temporary resident permit to seek better treatment for my child. Could you please provide information on whether it's possible to apply for a temporary resident permit for medical assistance in Canada, and if so, what the application process?
No. A TRP is a visa for those who are inadmissible to Canada. So you want to come on a visitor visa. Both of you need to be approved. For how long? What sort of treatment are you looking for in Canada? Do you have an unlimited budget? Waitlists can be years for some services. I would not say supports are excellent given the wait times and few professionals to offer services. Have you even contacted service providers to see if they will help your child? They may not given waitlists.

lankanatha

Sep 14, 2023
No. A TRP is a visa for those who are inadmissible to Canada. So you want to come on a visitor visa. Both of you need to be approved. For how long? What sort of treatment are you looking for in Canada? Do you have an unlimited budget? Waitlists can be years for some services. I would not say supports are excellent given the wait times and few professionals to offer services. Have you even contacted service providers to see if they will help your child? They may not given waitlists.

Aug 25, 2023
We applied on Feb, 2007 and when later asked to fill in the detialed forms, declared in our application on june 2009 that we have a child with Down's Syndrome. After that they asked all other documents, corresponded with us 3 times and then asked us to go for medicals, get fresh PCC from Dubai and pay the RPRF fees. we did the medicals and have sent them today. I am now told by some people that the application would be rejected because I have a Special Needs child. Does any one know about this? Furthermore, if thats the case, then why would they ask us to submit soo many documents after we declared and ask us to pay the RPRF fees. Any one one who has gone through a similar situation or can comment on the same? This is now suddenly very stressful for us as we thought that Medical was the last formality to be done. Thanking all in advance.Speed Test
There are many levels of DS and some DS people have no additional health problems and can perform a job and live in a roommate situation with minimal support.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just clarifying that any services you would receive would have to be out of pocket. Easily could be 100k per year. You would have to prearrange therapy and get letters from the therapy providers and provide proof that you’d be able to pay out of pocket for therapy as well as living costs when you attempted to apply for visitor visas for medical purposes. There are actually long wait times to access autism services and children often get a fixed amount of funding and parents have to pay for extra therapy if they can afford it.