+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, Spousal Sponsorship, Inland application 2023 LATEST PROGRESS

zarashah

Sep 16, 2023
Hello, if my spouse is offshore, i lodge jis family class , and then he comes onshore ( he has TRV) can we still apply his open work permit?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, if my spouse is offshore, i lodge jis family class , and then he comes onshore ( he has TRV) can we still apply his open work permit?
Did the sponsorship application reach AOR? (i.e. did sponsor recieved email to confirm the IRCC received the application and an application number is provided?)
If so,he can apply for OWP once he is inside Canada. If not, then he needs to wait for AOR, then apply for OWP.

zarashah

Sep 16, 2023
Hello, thank you so much. One more thing, i have my Pr Card and have done my first landing, my kids are yet to do their first landing they have COPR. is it safe that i come onshore alone and apply spousal sponsorship while my kids remain offshore until their copr is valid? Or i should bring all kids onshore, they become confirm PR then i apply sponsorship for spouse. Thank you so so much

Did the sponsorship application reach AOR? (i.e. did sponsor recieved email to confirm the IRCC received the application and an application number is provided?)
If so,he can apply for OWP once he is inside Canada. If not, then he needs to wait for AOR, then apply for OWP.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, thank you so much. One more thing, i have my Pr Card and have done my first landing, my kids are yet to do their first landing they have COPR. is it safe that i come onshore alone and apply spousal sponsorship while my kids remain offshore until their copr is valid? Or i should bring all kids onshore, they become confirm PR then i apply sponsorship for spouse. Thank you so so much
I don't understand your question. Your kids have COPR but haven't landed as PR yet? They should come and land before their visas expire.

Their landing is not directly related to sponsoring your spouse. But it gets complicated as they will need to be included (assuming that they are you and your spouse's kids) as dependent of your spouse if they are not PR yet. They are not until they landed.
And will need to update all the forms once they have landed later as PR.
I am not sure if I have answered your question correctly since this is a bit unusual to have included children as dependents in your own PR application but have not included your spouse/include as non-accompanying initially. (and sponsor the spouse later on)

zarashah

Sep 16, 2023
I don't understand your question. Your kids have COPR but haven't landed as PR yet? They should come and land before their visas expire.

Their landing is not directly related to sponsoring your spouse. But it gets complicated as they will need to be included (assuming that they are you and your spouse's kids) as dependent of your spouse if they are not PR yet. They are not until they landed.
And will need to update all the forms once they have landed later as PR.
I am not sure if I have answered your question correctly since this is a bit unusual to have included children as dependents in your own PR application but have not included your spouse/include as non-accompanying initially. (and sponsor the spouse later on)

Thanks that answers my question. Someone misled and told us to take federal ITA , even though i had provincial and could have added my spouse

vivianroy

Jul 18, 2019
So, I received my eCOPR and thought I would reiterate my timeline for anyone who is in the same boat as me could follow:-

SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP IN CANADA CLASS: Applicant- Indian Passport holder with Study Permit full-time university :::: Sponsor: Canadian Passport holder

Applied on 26th July 2023
AOR received on 12th Sept 2023
Along with AOR I received a letter saying I haven't submitted Additional Family Information form (Although I did submit it) I had to resubmit that form on the same day
Biometric Instruction letter received on 26th Sept 2023
Biometric completed on 11th Oct 2023 (didn't get an earlier appointment with Service Ontario)
Pre-arrival letter received on 17th Oct 2023
Spousal Work Permit approved on 24th Oct 2023 (I had applied for SOWP on 27th July 2023)
Received Work Permit by mail on 30th October 2023
Eligibility Decision Letter (PASSED) received on 26th Oct 2023. (Both my partner and I received this letter)
Background Check passed: January 10, 2024

January 11: Received a letter from IRCC saying I have to pay for my Right to Permanent Residence Fee OR if I have already paid I must provide proof
January 11: I submitted the requested invoice of RTPR fees $515 CAD via webform
January 12: updated on my tracker they have received the invoice
---- silence for several weeks ---- I remember calling IRCC once every week to ask for the status of my application, they kept asking me to patiently wait as it's still under review. They don't require any additional information and they have received my RTPR invoice and marked it as complete -----
[Sent: 2024-02-28 9:22:21 PM] I decided to submit a webform to IRCC where I asked when I shall expect a decision.
March 4, 2024: eCOPR document number was showing on my tracker/ GCKey was showing a ghost update saying- your application is being reviewed for a decision
March 7: IRCC email: PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Case Created Under Your Account they were asking to reply to this email with some info like Name, UCI, Date of last entry into Canada, etc.
March 8: IRCC acknowledged my reply and created a case on PR Confirmation Portal - I had to declare my presence in Canada / upload my picture
March 12: Congratulations email! IRCC sent me an eCOPR document via portal available for download // they confirmed my permanent residence.
--- Now waiting for PR card to arrive via email ---