+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Solid 67 points...IELTS...Seniors please advise

Bozica

Feb 2, 2009
Hi All,

I applied before 28 Feb 2008 under FSW category. Recently, I took IELTS with score bands L: 6.5, R: 6.0, S: 6.5, W: 8.0. Under old system, I will be claiming only 10 points. Am I right ? With these 10 points I am getting solid 67 points.

Should I worry OR relax ?????????. All replies will be highly appreciated.

Bozica

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bozica:
For your Information: Read the statement below. I guess even those who applied before the new rules will be treated according the new rules i.e awarded points for (IELTS).
Note: Visa officers should also assess applications and test reports which pre-date November 28, 2008 against the above correlation table if it is to the applicants advantage, i.e., resulting in more points for language proficiency.

To see the table download op06e from the CIC. There is a a link to it on this forum. I'm sure because I downloaded it via a link from this forum.

Extracted/Taken from op06e.PDF page 25.

[size=10pt]Disclaimer:
This has nothing to with my views and opinion and is not my statement.I am not an Immigration Expert.
[/size]

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Yes you are right but it is for pre-Nov 28th. It will apply only when it is in their advantage and NOT disadvantage so if you see his advantage, he will get more points then what he has calculated according to the new rule.

L=2
R=2
S=4
W=4

A total of 12 points.

In both cases he has win win situation.

hammadsanaa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2005
Israel
Hey Bozica

You are so lucky to get the 67 pass mark, and you have nothing to worry about.
Relax man and get ready for next step.

Cheers