+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signing a paper after citizenship interview

glob

Oct 6, 2017
I passed the test with 20/20 and during the citizenship interview the officer went through my passport stamps.
I traveled a lot, with some trips involving several countries (tourist destinations)

In the end, she gave me a paper to sign, with a bunch of check-boxes saying "yes" and one line - something like "travels verified" with "no".

I asked the officer if anything else from my side is needed and she said no.
However, when I mentioned that I had a printout of my border crossings from CBSA, she took it and put in my case.

I'm a bit confused.
Does signing this paper in the end mean everything's good and the next step is DECISION MADE?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I passed the test with 20/20 and during the citizenship interview the officer went through my passport stamps.
I traveled a lot, with some trips involving several countries (tourist destinations)

In the end, she gave me a paper to sign, with a bunch of check-boxes saying "yes" and one line - something like "travels verified" with "no".

I asked the officer if anything else from my side is needed and she said no.
However, when I mentioned that I had a printout of my border crossings from CBSA, she took it and put in my case.

I'm a bit confused.
Does signing this paper in the end mean everything's good and the next step is DECISION MADE?

Thanks
You signed two papers that day. A green form and a white one.

The green one (A4 sized) was your assertion that you didn't have any criminality issues ~ while the white one (longform sized) was the checklist the IO was maintaining during your interview. It carried signs by both the parties.

IO signed as having verified your identity and documents, with a pointer as "approved" or "need further information". This s/he would indicate to you at the end of the interview.

You signed to the correctness of your responses and that the documents you produced were true originals.

BOTTOMLINE: Signing this white paper doesn't mean everything is good and would lead to decision made soon. It is just a routine form which everyone of us has to sign, irrespective of the outcome of the interview. What indicates 'everything is good' is what the IO states verbally to you at the end.

Reactions: Jok5r