+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signature on Work reference letter

Mar 19, 2024
Hello all,
I have a doubt. I recently received an ITA under the CEC stream. I have work experience from back home where I worked for my family business. And the person signing off on my reference letter would be my mother (the owner of the company). Would this be okay or would this look suspicious to the officer? It is a genuine experience. However, i was paid in cash. So the only supporting document along with it would be my ITR as i filed ITR. I don't have paystubs as i was paid in cash.
Please please help and advice.

unique_username42069

Aug 5, 2023
Pretty sure it's mentioned somewhere on the official ircc website that you can't claim work exp points if your family owns more than 10% of the company.

unique_username42069

Aug 5, 2023
Hello, I dont see this mentioned anywhere. If you have a ref link please let me know.
I certainly saw something about this 10% thing on the website, but it was a long time ago. If you can't find anything of that sort now, then good for you. Go ahead with it. Provide the experience letter as per IRCC guidelines, your ITR, and tell them in the LOE that it's owned by your mother. Don't over complicate it. Keep any other supporting proof on stand-by for potential ADR. Remember, Only the experience letter is mandatory. Everything else is supporting docs, that the officer may or may not ask for. Good luck!