+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I prepare for a future RQ request?

rqrqrqrq

Feb 24, 2019
- Landed in Canada and travelled back to previous country of residence to finalize my move (cancel visa, cancel utility subscriptions, close loan)
- Have been unemployed for 5 months now
- Have been completing overseas work for my previous employer from my previous country of residency and am receiving payments on my Canadian bank account
- I am living with a relative for free

From all what I've read here, it seems like I will be getting an RQ once it's time for my application. What can I do to avoid this?

- I am scanning and saving physical copies of all receipts for all my purchases, no matter how small, and I buy everything using cards.
- My relative will write a note stating that I have lived with them the entire time I was unemployed (can't rent without a job)
- I am storing all bank statements I receive
- I am storing all phone bills I receive
- I obtained travel history records from previous country of residence and have the same from CBSA to document that one and only trip I ever took during the relevant period. I do not intend on traveling abroad for any reason until I become a citizen.

And finally a question regarding my overseas work: Is this classified as self-employment? I have a contract from them for this work and I have no business expenses. I do it in the basement I sleep in on a laptop I bought 2 years ago (before I became a PR). How do I report this income for income tax purposes?

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
What is your question regarding citizenship? Are you asking what to mention in the application during the time you were unemployed?
Mention "unemployed" .For the period you were working remotely, mention working remotely .