+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Share your WES timelines for 2017

bastiaandg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
My university sent the transcripts on Sept 13, but I don't know if they have been delivered to WES yet since I can't track them.

The status did change to 'In progress, reviewing the documents' on the 22nd, but on Oct 1st it changed back to 'On Hold, waiting for documents'. Called WES to ask what is going on and they told me that on the 20th they replied to an email (which I sent 9 days prior). Apparently this is what triggered the status change and they hadn't actually received any documents yet.
Have any of you ever heard of this happening?

I also find it fairly unlikely that the documents haven't arrived yet, since it has never taken longer than 7 week days for anything to arrive in Canada let alone the 20 it has taken now. I'm contemplating having the university just send the transcripts to me and then I can send them by courier so I can track the parcel.

tempmaha

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
My university sent the transcripts on Sept 13, but I don't know if they have been delivered to WES yet since I can't track them.

The status did change to 'In progress, reviewing the documents' on the 22nd, but on Oct 1st it changed back to 'On Hold, waiting for documents'. Called WES to ask what is going on and they told me that on the 20th they replied to an email (which I sent 9 days prior). Apparently this is what triggered the status change and they hadn't actually received any documents yet.

I also find it fairly unlikely that the documents haven't arrived yet, since it has never taken longer than 7 week days for anything to arrive in Canada let alone the 20 it has taken now. I'm contemplating having the university just send the transcripts to me and then I can send them by courier so I can track the parcel.
As per my understanding, your university send documents on 12th Sep and WES changed your application status to 'In progress, reviewing your documents' correct. It means they received the documents from your university on your reference number. I guess WES might need some more documents as per bachelors or/and master degree. You should receive an email on Oct 1st, when they put your application on hold.

the mail should tell something like this.
Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) |
Not Received

Instructions: Refer to Required Documents.
Statement of Marks |
Accepted

check your inbox, if you have not been received any email for more documents give a call to WES asap instead of mailing. or do both.

vpn236

Oct 2, 2017
Has been on the Final Review state since 9/30. If it is available within a couple of hours, i will miss out of the opportunity tomorrow. We are at 428, and it will be disappointing if the score falls to 427 tomorrow and we miss out.

bastiaandg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
As per my understanding, your university send documents on 12th Sep and WES changed your application status to 'In progress, reviewing your documents' correct. It means they received the documents from your university on your reference number. I guess WES might need some more documents as per bachelors or/and master degree. You should receive an email on Oct 1st, when they put your application on hold.

the mail should tell something like this.
Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) |
Not Received

Instructions: Refer to Required Documents.
Statement of Marks |
Accepted

check your inbox, if you have not been received any email for more documents give a call to WES asap instead of mailing. or do both.
I received an email on Oct 1st that looks like what you posted, but it states that no required documents were received, which I know to be false if they received anything from me. The required documents are the degree certificate and the transcript, which is exactly what I sent.

Because I did not understand this, I called WES today (and sent an email) and the lady on the phone told me the story that they in fact have not received anything at all and the initial status change to 'In Progress' was due to an email I sent a long time ago and that I should just wait.

But if they put an application on hold because something is missing (which it is not) or it was not sent correctly, don't they send you an explanatory email as well, rather than just a status update which tells you nothing at all?

tempmaha

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
I received an email on Oct 1st that looks like what you posted, but it states that no required documents were received, which I know to be false if they received anything from me. The required documents are the degree certificate and the transcript, which is exactly what I sent.

Because I did not understand this, I called WES today (and sent an email) and the lady on the phone told me the story that they in fact have not received anything at all and the initial status change to 'In Progress' was due to an email I sent a long time ago and that I should just wait.

But if they put an application on hold because something is missing (which it is not) or it was not sent correctly, don't they send you an explanatory email as well, rather than just a status update which tells you nothing at all?
Then you have a couple of options now. one is that contact your university regarding same and the other one is again ask WES to check about your documents and why they changed the status ' in progress' for sometime and why they changed to 'on hold'. if you can get a tracking number of your post, that will be easy to inquire.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017

Agree with @tempmaha the only way is to get the tracking number and prove to Wes if your documents were received. Even if the univ sent them, they should have a tracking number or should be able to connect u with the courier service.

bastiaandg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Thanks for the advice, I already sent an email to the university. I don't know if they have a tracking number. They may have just used the standard mail option (like I did for sending copies of my degree certificates), in which case there is no tracking. Thus also no way to prove that the documents have arrived.

I'll wait for Wes' response to the email I sent before I called them. Also trying to get my university to prepare the documents again and send them to me this time. Then I can send them to Wes using a courier service that has tracking.

tempmaha

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Agree with @tempmaha the only way is to get the tracking number and prove to Wes if your documents were received. Even if the univ sent them, they should have a tracking number or should be able to connect u with the courier service.
if the university sent the document via courier service, there is a possibility to have a shipment number/ tracking number or AWB(air waybill) number of the parcel. try to find the name of courier company and call them with your details it might be fastest way to get the tracking number.

bastiaandg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
if the university sent the document via courier service, there is a possibility to have a shipment number/ tracking number or AWB(air waybill) number of the parcel. try to find the name of courier company and call them with your details it might be fastest way to get the tracking number.
I'll have to wait for my university's response. We have 1 big postal company here, which is usually used for these things as well. Anything under 3,2 cm thick can be sent in the same way as you'd send a postcard. If they did that, no tracking

doverraja

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Singapore
App. Filed.......
28-11-2017
Doc's Request.
12-12-2017

It happened to me as well. There are two possibilities

1. Local post in Canada is taking forever or lost in transit
2. WES ignores the document arrived through local post.

bastiaandg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
It happened to me as well. There are two possibilities

1. Local post in Canada is taking forever or lost in transit
2. WES ignores the document arrived through local post.
What did you do then?

My status is "In progress" again now. Hopefully this is for real now. It shouldn't be stuck on this phase for too long, right?

vish.J

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Nope, none. The lady who took my call yesterday told me off for calling them before the deadline, haha. Snooty idjits. :)
Omg, seriously!? How unprofessional.
My status hasn't changed to final review so I guess I will be missing today's draw. However at this point of time my only hope is that they evaluate my masters equivalent to Canadian masters to keep the momentum going else It's going to be a long wait for ITA.

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
They do provide a tracking number in the completed section under details of reports sent to receipients. It does take a couple hours to update though. If you chose the express delivery you should get it within a few days. My report was completed on a Tuesday and I got the courier by Friday evening
I checked that section, but it only has International Express with no tracking number. I went ahead and sent to WES, as I have not received the physical report yet. I'd rather have it after all, as I get inconsistent answers to whether we need it or not.

hi
i just wanted to know, why it states that u r not eligible for submitting ur profile in EE???
and u know that, u are....
Hi gaurl.c, it was my mistake as I mistook the number of hours worked field, I thought it meant per day, when it was actually per week. So that was why my profile submission failed. It went OK when I submitted a profile with the correct number. :)

EDIT: spelling