+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

Canadian2015

Nov 18, 2013
For some reason I cannot login anymore.

I login and then the screen goes blank and I cant click on anything. Did anyone experience that? Who do I talk to, to fix this issue?

marathon11

Jan 20, 2014
Update: My ECAS status changed today to the following:

"We sent you a notice on January 31, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 26, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

gmmak

Oct 20, 2013
Guys what is happening to Sep2013 applicants, no news, I saw one person getting test notice in the Oct2013 group....I don't understand CIC logic....of selecting particular individuals and sending test notice....while rest are still in line....

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gmmak said:
Guys what is happening to Sep2013 applicants, no news, I saw one person getting test notice in the Oct2013 group....I don't understand CIC logic....of selecting particular individuals and sending test notice....while rest are still in line....
Actually It all depends on your local office... some people in Nov got test dates too.

Most of the delay takes place at the local offices.

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wrote the test today, got 20 of 20. Read carefully the book, and do all online questions (http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/toronto_ontario_canada_citizenship_test.php; http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/).
Interview was about 5 minutes, she checked all the stamps in passports (expired and current), verified the original documents (driving license, PR card, Health Card). The oath ceremony will be approx in 2 months. My office is Scarborough.
Good luck to everyone!

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Nara said:
Wrote the test today, got 20 of 20. Read carefully the book, and do all online questions (http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/toronto_ontario_canada_citizenship_test.php; http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/).
Interview was about 5 minutes, she checked all the stamps in passports (expired and current), verified the original documents (driving license, PR card, Health Card). The oath ceremony will be approx in 2 months. My office is Scarborough.
Good luck to everyone!
did you have any stamps that are not in English or French? if so has she asked about translations of those stamps?

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I have some stamps which are not in English and French, she did not ask me to translate them. She checked only the dates on the stamps.

mrbravo said:
did you have any stamps that are not in English or French? if so has she asked about translations of those stamps?

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Nara said:
Yes I have some stamps which are not in English and French, she did not ask me to translate them. She checked only the dates on the stamps.
Thank you Nara for your reply.

How could she understand the dates of the stamps that were not in English or French? did she ask you to translate to her?

Thanks again

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Nara said:
Hi Nara, congrats on getting closer. I have a question for you. The stamps you mentioned here, were these before you applied or you traveled AFTER applying? I am in a bit of a different situation. After applying in September , i went for my holidays to my home country and went to Saudi Arabia for
about a week in the middle. Do I need to translate this stamps? I have my return ticket+ boarding pass for that journey.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noolan said:
Hi Nara, congrats on getting closer. I have a question for you. The stamps you mentioned here, were these before you applied or you traveled AFTER applying? I am in a bit of a different situation. After applying in September , i went for my holidays to my home country and went to Saudi Arabia for
about a week in the middle. Do I need to translate this stamps? I have my return ticket+ boarding pass for that journey.
Honestyl Noolan,

Nobody really has an answer for your question and it all depends on the official you talk to at CIC. If it is just one stamp, I really recommend that you translate it, especially because Saudi Arabia is known to recruit many foreign temporary workers, and their visas are totally in Arabic, it is great that you have the ticket and the boarding pass, but a translation will only make it easier for you in case someone asks any questions !

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
ramsfe said:
Honestyl Noolan,

Nobody really has an answer for your question and it all depends on the official you talk to at CIC. If it is just one stamp, I really recommend that you translate it, especially because Saudi Arabia is known to recruit many foreign temporary workers, and their visas are totally in Arabic, it is great that you have the ticket and the boarding pass, but a translation will only make it easier for you in case someone asks any questions !
I totally agree with Ramfe. I personally got the following and recommend everyone to do the same.

CBSA report + Exit and entry history from my home country stamped by the Canadian embassy in my home country and the minister of exterior, also translated here in Canada by a certified translator + Translation of all the stamps in my passport + Employment letters + Notice of assessment of all years spent in Canada

I believe that every applicant should have those documents prior to the interview in case something goes wrong with the officer.

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
mrbravo said:
I totally agree with Ramfe. I personally got the following and recommend everyone to do the same.

CBSA report + Exit and entry history from my home country stamped by the Canadian embassy in my home country and the minister of exterior, also translated here in Canada by a certified translator + Translation of all the stamps in my passport + Employment letters + Notice of assessment of all years spent in Canada

I believe that every applicant should have those documents prior to the interview in case something goes wrong with the officer.
Thanks Ramsfe and Mrbravo for your suggestions. Yes, It is just one stamp. I will translate it anyway. Luckily I have all my boarding passes+ tickets for all my travels since my arrival here in 2009. I also have my CSBA report, which luckily have the correct dates of my travels before applying. I am working for the same employer for the last 3.5 years now. Have my own home with 1183 days of physical presence. I love being here and have no intentions of going anywhere.

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She asked me verbally re the stamps which are not in English/French and I explained her these stamps. And I also have stamps after applying to the citizenship, since I traveled my back home. She also asked me re this stamp, and how long I was absent after applying. She was so kind, no pressure, just conversation, since they have checked our basic English.