+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending IELTS Results..Advice Needed From Senior Members

candy555

Dec 10, 2008
Hello All,

I applied for my PR under FSW before the new application system. I did not provide my proof of English proficiency at the time of application. Any time now, I am expecting current status update request and also I have achieved good results at IELTS.

Please advise me, should I send the results to CIC right away OR wait for their letter for current status update. All replies are highly regarded.

Candy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

candy555 said:
Hello All,

I applied for my PR under FSW before the new application system. I did not provide my proof of English proficiency at the time of application. Any time now, I am expecting current status update request and also I have achieved good results at IELTS.

Please advise me, should I send the results to CIC right away OR wait for their letter for current status update. All replies are highly regarded.

Candy
If you applied under FSW 1 you wait until the documents are requested.

PMM

hammadsanaa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2005
Israel
Hi Candy 555

Congratulations for getting a good IELTS score. Could I ask how much did you get in each section of the test? And how did you prepare for that test?

Thanks

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
Hay
Cold anybody please tell me "if one is applying under the FSW category 1 does one need to send the IELTS scores? If yes then should it be either original or a copy? As its mentioned on the form English language test if yes then provide a copy so is it sending to the CIU at sydeny or to the respective consulate.
Regards

FIDA

Jan 28, 2009
Hey all senior members

Please help me, My previous app, was refused awarded 66, units, in 2005,
I again attended IELTS, obtained 2 extra points and sending IELTS result to CIC for consider, CIC advised me to file fresh application, (please note not send me original IELTS result, keep it custoy.
However, again filed fresh app, in 2005, and informed to CIC that my orig IELTS in your custody, CIC issued me AOR. My question are following:

Q. CIC already awarded in Educ, expe, Age, Spous #
will cic award same # or not

Q. My previos IELTS TRF is in it custody, no need further attend IELTS, I have already qulify 67 points as per awarded in previous application.

I have written to CIC in last year Dec, 2008, please confirm about IELTS TRF
But, not informed me in writing, yes, called at my home and confirmed

What sould, I do in above this situation

Thank you in Advance.

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
candy555 said:
Hello All,

Candy
Hi

IELTS results have a specific validity, it is advised to send the results before expiration instead of waiting for updates request.

Best Wishes

candy555

Dec 10, 2008
Hello All

Thank you PMM and every one who spared their time to reply this thread. Actually I will be able to claim 4 points in each section.
In fact, previously I have done with TOEFl. Also I working in a country where I am using only English to communicate. But there are some websites which are good to be consulted beforehand, like www.ieltshome.com and so many other websites including canadavisa.com. Most important is to develop confidence by doing some practice tests seriously, one also must know about the testing procedure, good concentration, time management etc. Its not difficult at all.

Candy