+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Advice: Visa Situation - PGWP and TRV Extension

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well.I'm facing a bit of a visa conundrum and could really use some advice on how to proceed. Here's a summary of my situation:

I recently completed my Master's degree which allowed me to obtain a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). However, my passport was set to expire by March 2024, so my work permit was only granted until that date.In an attempt to extend my stay, I renewed my passport and applied for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) extension. Unfortunately, I was only given a "W-1" category visa, which extends my stay until March 2024 without any additional time for my PGWP.

I provided a detailed explanation of my situation in the TRV extension application, but it didn't result in the desired outcome. Normally, I should have received a 3-year PGWP, but I ended up with only a 1-year work permit.Now, when trying to extend my work permit, the IRCC is asking for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), which seems like a complex process.I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice on how I can navigate this situation and maximize my chances of obtaining a more extended PGWP.

Thank you all in advance for your support and valuable suggestions.