+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RO not met/appealing and outcome

movnorth

Apr 20, 2024
Hi All,

I have a Canadian PR which is about to expire next month and have not met the RO.

If anyone has tried to enter Canada(via land) just before expiration of the PR card or right after, were you sent to secondary? did you get reported?

IF yes, did you file an appeal and what was your experience?

How long does it take for the hearing to occur? (I read 1 to 2 years but not sure what the current wait time is).

And what was the overall impact of staying in Canada while the appeal is pending? Could you travel outside the country?

Any pointers would be super helpful!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have a Canadian PR which is about to expire next month and have not met the RO.

If anyone has tried to enter Canada(via land) just before expiration of the PR card or right after, were you sent to secondary? did you get reported?

IF yes, did you file an appeal and what was your experience?

How long does it take for the hearing to occur? (I read 1 to 2 years but not sure what the current wait time is).

And what was the overall impact of staying in Canada while the appeal is pending? Could you travel outside the country?

Any pointers would be super helpful!
Unless your PR status has either been revoked or renounced, you are still a PR...even after your PR Card expires.

If you are issued a 44(1) report (being `reported' in your words), you could remain in Canada during the appeal, but would be wise to remain in Canada, obviously.

Reactions: movnorth